Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No, they're afraid of losing their jobs. Cantor got primaried. They could too. They're chicken****.
    This I agree with. I say this with hesitation, b/c I don't know if it's the case, but they could be looking out for their careers overall.

Trump will (hopefully) pass, and the GOP can get back to business. They don't want to stick their neck out, and kill their future in the GOP.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Somebody compiled all of Owen Ellickson's Trump conversation tweets. They're fantastic: https://storify.com/michaeljweigel/t...a-twitter-saga
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        This I agree with. I say this with hesitation, b/c I don't know if it's the case, but they could be looking out for their careers overall.

Trump will (hopefully) pass, and the GOP can get back to business. They don't want to stick their neck out, and kill their future in the GOP.
        But it only kills them if Drumpf wins. He isnt going to...pragmatically they look better if they can say "I opposed his attempted takeover".
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          But it only kills them if Drumpf wins. He isnt going to...pragmatically they look better if they can say "I opposed his attempted takeover".
          They can say that, but maybe if by the power of Satan Trump wins, or if he even draws the line in the sand and calls them out on their opposition...it's a calculated risk on the people who speak up. Remember, these aren't normal people. They are politicians.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            There are moderates in every party, Scoobs. The trouble in the GOP is that the mods are drowned out by the extremists, and quite decisively.
            Well, when the party drives anyone to the left of Boehner out of the party, that's the party's fault.

I left 8 years ago when they made Palin they're No. 2, and they've given me absolutely no reason to even consider going back since then.

I'll be honest, I don't understand why any moderate would stay. But I've never understood the Log Cabin Republicans, either.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Well, when the party drives anyone to the left of Boehner out of the party, that's the party's fault.

I left 8 years ago when they made Palin they're No. 2, and they've given me absolutely no reason to even consider going back since then.

I'll be honest, I don't understand why any moderate would stay. But I've never understood the Log Cabin Republicans, either.
              Believe me, I feel lost as a mod conservative. I was already getting sick of politics in general, even though I was a total pol-head in school, due to the divide that politics has become (or maybe I became more aware of it as I got older). I'm tired of either/or. I want 'em all to find a middle ground. The major parties, the indies, the sects within the parties, all that jazz.

Comment

Believe me, I feel lost as a mod conservative. I was already getting sick of politics in general, even though I was a total pol-head in school, due to the divide that politics has become (or maybe I became more aware of it as I got older). I'm tired of either/or. I want 'em all to find a middle ground. The major parties, the indies, the sects within the parties, all that jazz.
                Isn't that what Bill did?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I don't expect all of them to ditch him. I find it inexplicable that Susan Collins or John McCain hasn't expressly come out against him. If there are sooooo many sane moderates in the GOP, when are they going to step up?
                  Explicitly coming out against the temporary face of the party, in the most important election of the year, is a good way to find your party's resources have dried up for you when you need them. Either support the man publicly or stay silent, that's all they can really do if they want or need any ad money support.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Isn't that what Bill did?
                    Well, I was still a teenager when Bill was being elected and re-elected, Brent being only a year older than me, and the last time Billy ran for office was 20 years ago now.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

kill their future in the GOP.
                      Thats already happened. As long as they continue trying to legislate peoples private life they will go the way of the dinosaur
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Normally I agree with this but the moderates could still get their voice heard if they wanted to. They dont, so either they are ******* or they arent as moderate as they think they are.
                        I used to consider myself a moderate conservative. Apparently the needle has moved significantly.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          But I've never understood the Log Cabin Republicans, either.
                          They're just closeted liberals.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Well, I was still a teenager when Bill was being elected and re-elected, Brent being only a year older than me, and the last time Billy ran for office was 20 years ago now.
                            Must be awful to have so little context.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Well, just as there are far right republicans and moderate republicans, far left democrats and moderate democrats, there are also far (insert direction here) libertarians and moderate libertarians. I view Johnson / Weld as fairly moderate.

On a side note, I do think that if Weld were at the top of the ticket, they would easily be over their 15% by now.
                              They have clearly come out heavily for deregulation of a lot of items. If that's moderate, I can't fathom what an extreme version of libritarian is- anarchy?

Comment

They can say that, but maybe if by the power of Satan Trump wins
                                The power of Trump compels you!
                                The power of Trump compels you!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X