Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

False equivalence. But nice try.

I can't remove a single time in my life where a candidate has had this many people decry as much of that candidate's platform yet still endorse him.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      False equivalence. But nice try.

I can't remove a single time in my life where a candidate has had this many people decry as much of that candidate's platform yet still endorse him.
      So obviously that's been like that for all time. Obviously.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You implied that all parties do that. Enough to make a sweeping judgement saying that all parties do it. They don't and they haven't in 30 years.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This is pretty ****ing, reading between the lines.
          From comments:

This, folks, is what great management looks like. This is why we need successful business people leading government. Not losers who can't get anything done. Donald alone can save the country. He is a unifier. He is such a unifier you wouldn't believe.

Comment

This whole thing is either a con or the greatest performance art installation in the history of the world.
            One or the other, he seems disinterested to me or maybe he really is that big an idiot
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Here are the stances for the four major candidates remaining (Libertarian and Green included). Judge for thyself. http://imgur.com/gallery/n1VdV

Comment

It is clear now that Trump is a babbling fool who should not be allowed to hold high office under any circumstances. Also, that anyone who claims he and HRC are equally bad options is either in conscious denial or is also a fool.

The GOP's Reefer Madness approach to politics is catching up with it.
                Last edited by burd; 08-04-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Johnson and Weld presented themselves very well last night. It was great to see the contrast as compared to all of the vitriolic nonsense we see from the two major parties. They gave thoughtful, truthful and logical answers. Seems like common sense positions to me.

Would love to see them in the debates, to win the debates they would just have to give a few decent measured responses then step back and duck under the torpedoes the other two knuckleheads throw at each other.

Comment

Latest NH polls. Might be able to enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee on Labor Day weekend instead of knocking on doors for a coupla hours a day for "Not Trump".

The poll, conducted from July 29 through August 1, shows Clinton with 47 percent of the vote, while Trump sits at a meager 32 percent. In addition, Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson took 8 percent of New Hampshire voters, while the Green Party’s Jill Stein gets 3 percent.
                    The tight Senate race between Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan also appears to be moving in a similar direction toward the Democrat. Hassan received the support of 48 percent of New Hampshire voters, while Ayotte received 37 percent support.
                    http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...hampshire-poll
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Shrill as of this morning is up to 77.7 percent at 538 in the polls-only, and a scorching 91.6% (!) in the NowCast.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Shrill as of this morning is up to 77.7 percent at 538 in the polls-only, and a scorching 91.6% (!) in the NowCast.
                        In the NowCast: AZ is 50/50. GA is 49/51. FL and OH are 83% chance for Hillary; PA is 89%. Roughly one third of trials have Clinton breaking 400 EV (not done since 1988).

RCP has Clinton +6, having just rolled in the Fox poll with Hillary +10. That is the only poll where all sampling was done after the DNC concluded, so we are getting into KHAN!!! In 3 of their 8 aggregated polls Hillary is above the fated 50% mark, and in another she's at 49.

Since Trump is effectively his own campaign manager, he should consider firing himself.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-04-2016, 09:27 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In the NowCast: AZ is 50/50. GA is 49/51. FL and OH are 83% chance for Hillary; PA is 89%. Roughly one third of trials have Clinton breaking 400 EV (not done since 1988).

RCP has Clinton +6, having just rolled in the Fox poll with Hillary +10. That is the only poll where all sampling was done after the DNC concluded, so we are getting into KHAN!!! In 3 of their 8 aggregated polls Hillary is above the fated 50% mark, and in another she's at 49.

Since Trump is effectively his own campaign manager, he should consider firing himself.
                          NH has also moved notably bluer, as SonofSouthie's post attests to.
                          Last edited by French Rage; 08-04-2016, 11:01 AM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So you're sayin' there's a chance.

within the GOP rules, it’s not hard to replace Trump if he drops out, and it’s not impossible to kick him off the ticket
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two fun stories popping up today:
                              - Trump claims to have seen video taken by Iranian military of money being offloaded off of a plane, and describes it in detail. There is no such known public video. Either he's making up what he saw in the video, or he's repeating classified information he saw in a security briefing.
                              - Melania claims she would go back to Slovenia every few months to get stamps for her visa, because she cared so deeply about following our immigration rules. That kind of visa, though, would be a temporary visa, where should be not be allowed to work, which includes modeling, so either she made up the story about the stamps or she was illegally working with the wrong kind of visa (and taking jobs away from American models).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

A great piece with a lot of great lines, among which this still stands out as piquant:

The most likely answer for this confusion is that everybody is lying in some capacity and also almost nobody knows what they’re talking about,
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X