Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Heard an interesting take on Obama calling Trump not a real Republican/Conservative (Brenthoven's wish I suppose).

Now that Obama has done that every Republican has an out from Trump. They can all say Obama said he's not a real Republican/Conservative, I am.

Whoops.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      How about, "A Hilary Clinton Adminstration will never trade, nor give even the remote appearance of a trade, of money for hostages."
      Never let facts get in the way of a good argument.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Heard an interesting take on Obama calling Trump not a real Republican/Conservative (Brenthoven's wish I suppose).

Now that Obama has done that every Republican has an out from Trump. They can all say Obama said he's not a real Republican/Conservative, I am.

Whoops.
        I don't think any conservative in this environment is going to ground his appeal to a conservative audience based on something THE EVIL ONE said.

Somebody raised an interesting point on POTUS today, though, about Ryan. Their contention was Ryan can't endorse Trump now because if he does it as the de facto head of the sane portion of the party he puts every other Republican in a bind, because now they can't finesse it anymore, they have to pick a side, and even doing nothing is a choice.

Assuming he's a born opportunist, grabbing that Speakership was a poison pill. I'll bet his 2020 opponents (Cruz, Rubio, etc) are yucking it up secretly. In Cruz' case, probably not so secretly.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'd argue that if this is the assumption then you should have nuked them before any attack, just because they had nukes in the first place, to avoid the first attack.
          Congrats. You just channeled Donald Trump.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Whoops.
            Not a big fan of using Obama to sell conservatives on the need to dump Trump. Obama's really asking 'real conservatives' a question: do you trust me? Many are likely to say they don't trust Trump...but they trust Obama much lsee. Long story short, it could well backfire. Also, it kinda diminishes Obama in the eyes of liberals...IMO it turns him a bit more petty by appealing in a sense to conservatives.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Not a big fan of using Obama to sell conservatives on the need to dump Trump. Obama's really asking 'real conservatives' a question: do you trust me? Many are likely to say they don't trust Trump...but they trust Obama much lsee. Long story short, it could well backfire. Also, it kinda diminishes Obama in the eyes of liberals...IMO it turns him a bit more petty by appealing in a sense to conservatives.
              Obama's ratfuking the entire Republican party. Why not? There's no downside. Start a civil war between Trump and the Neocons & country clubbers. Ever see Caddyshack? Trump is like Al Czervik and the Bushes are like Judge Smails. Sit back and watch conservative operatives form grudges that will remain in place for the rest of their lives against each other. It won't do any good in the eyes of the public if you bail on Trump at the last minute, but Obama is making it look like he's going to throw a life preserver into the water (even though he won't end up doing so).
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Hillary leads Trump by ten in the latest Fox News poll, 49-39.
                Another one that includes Johnson only sees her lead fall one percent to nine.

During the primaries the Fox poll was almost always the one Hillary did worst in.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  How about, "A Hilary Clinton Adminstration will never trade, nor give even the remote appearance of a trade, of money for hostages."
                  Maybe she could just trade them weapons, like Ronnie did.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Maybe she could just trade them weapons, like Ronnie did.
                    It's a poor excuse. I'm not sure why so much money was being sent there as part of the nuke deal in the first place, but that isn't really an area of expertise of mine. Maybe that's SOP for these kind of deals, I don't know.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      It's a poor excuse. I'm not sure why so much money was being sent there as part of the nuke deal in the first place, but that isn't really an area of expertise of mine. Maybe that's SOP for these kind of deals, I don't know.
                      In this case, it was the principle and accumulated interest on $400 million that Iran had paid the US for weapons under the Shah that were never delivered and Iran wanted back. With the end of sanctions, it happened to be the time when we could pay them back. It was discussed publicly back in January, so this story being painted as some sort of secret deal is ridiculous.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Hillary back up to 73.2 percent on 538, basically where she was before the FBI investigation and DNC e-mail leaks. Dayum.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Johnson / Weld town hall on CNN at 9:00 PM Est

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            I work with a whole lot of people that actually think nuking the entire middle east would be a good thing, he knows his target audience...
                            Doesn't Kep advocate glassing the South??
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Doesn't Kep advocate glassing the South??
                              Yes, because that's totally not sarcasm.

In other news, I really would stab M Night Shyamalan in the face.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-03-2016, 07:22 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Remember when 538 went to 50/50? Well, uh.

AZ and GA used to be R+5; they're down below R+3.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 08-03-2016, 07:56 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X