This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Cut him some slack. It is a bunch of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
    *Slow clap* Well played.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Yep. Posted the Gawker take on that last night in the old thread.
      Whups. Sorry.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        I really don't get why CNN forced Fark to stop using their real logo 2 years ago or so. Such a bad decision.
        Is that what happened? I figured they just found the gif funny.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The FARK icon for stories originating from CNN used to be a gif of that -$4600. I thought it was the perfect summary of the network.
          A couple months back Louis CK destroyed a girl from CNN and a writer for WaPo.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Its entirely possible Trump is insane.
            I don't know whether DSM-5 recognizes "insane" as a formal medical term, but it does recognize this.

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[8][11]

* Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
            * Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
            * Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
            * Needing constant admiration from others
            * Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
            * Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
            * Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
            * Intensely jealous of others and the belief that others are equally jealous of them
            * Pompous and arrogant demeanor

NPD usually develops by adolescence or early adulthood.[8] It is not uncommon for children and teens to display some traits similar to NPD, but these are typically transient without meeting full criteria for the diagnosis.[11] True NPD symptoms are pervasive, apparent in various situations, and rigid, remaining consistent over time. The symptoms must be severe enough that they significantly impair the individual's ability to develop meaningful relationships with others. Symptoms also generally impair an individual's ability to function at work, school, or in other important settings. According to the DSM-5, these traits must differ substantially from cultural norms in order to qualify as symptoms of NPD.[8]

Associated features

People with NPD tend to exaggerate their skills and accomplishments as well as their level of intimacy with people they consider to be high-status. Their sense of superiority may cause them to monopolize conversations[11] and to become impatient or disdainful when others talk about themselves.[8] In the course of conversation, they may purposefully or unknowingly disparage or devalue the other person by overemphasizing their own success. When they are aware that their statements have hurt someone else, they tend to react with contempt and to view it as a sign of weakness.[8] When their own ego is wounded by a real or perceived criticism, their anger can be disproportionate to situation,[11] but typically, their actions and responses are deliberate and calculated.[8] Despite occasional flare-ups of insecurity, their self-image is primarily stable (i.e., overinflated).[8]

To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen.[8] Narcissistic individuals use various strategies to protect the self at the expense of others. They tend to devalue, derogate, insult, blame others and they often respond to threatening feedback with anger and hostility.[12] Since the fragile ego of individuals with NPD is hypersensitive to perceived criticism or defeat, they are prone to feelings of shame, humiliation and worthlessness over minor or even imagined incidents.[11] They usually mask these feelings from others with feigned humility, isolating socially or they may react with outbursts of rage, defiance, or by seeking revenge.[8][9] The merging of the "inflated self-concept" and the "actual self" is seen in the inherent grandiosity of narcissistic personality disorder. Also inherent in this process are the defense mechanisms of denial, idealization and devaluation.[13]

According to the DSM-5, "Many highly successful individuals display personality traits that might be considered narcissistic. Only when these traits are inflexible, maladaptive, and persisting and cause significant functional impairment or subjective distress do they constitute narcissistic personality disorder."[8] Although overconfidence tends to make individuals with NPD ambitious, it does not necessarily lead to success and high achievement professionally. These individuals may be unwilling to compete or may refuse to take any risks in order to avoid appearing like a failure.[8][9] In addition, their inability to tolerate setbacks, disagreements or criticism, along with lack of empathy, make it difficult for such individuals to work cooperatively with others or to maintain long-term professional relationships with superiors and colleagues.[14]
            Cornell University

Comment

*in Ike voice* Don't kick the baby...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                *in Ike voice* Don't kick the baby...
                That is always my favorite part of the clip.
                Cornell University

Comment

Obama travels through time, kills soldier 3 years before taking office.
                  Why's that so hard to believe? He already traveled back to the 1950's to plant his birth notice in the Hawaiian newspapers.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Andy Richter went HAM that episode. A comedian/sidekick kicked the crap out of a respected journalist.
                    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    It shouldn't be too surprising that comedians do well, you have to know a lot about stuff to know the right way to mock it or point out its ridiculousness. As opposed to a newscaster, where the basic qualifications are to have nice hair and read what other people write for you.

Once he's feeling up to it, I'd love to see Patton Oswalt on Celebrity Jeopardy. He might be able to break 100K.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      This should be exhibit 1 when people accuse the media of an anti-Trump bias. During the interview is when Blitzer should have confronted the Trumps spokesperson, not some minutes later when he offered what seems to be a pretty halfhearted correction about the timeline of Obama taking office and Khan's death. Perhaps if journalists would routinely call politicians and candidates out when they make blatantly incorrect statements, these statements would be less common. I know Trump uses non-traditional platforms to spread his message quite a bit, but the majority of his blather is spread through the so-called mainstream media. Had he been challenged a fraction of the time he misspoke, embellished or flat out lied, perhaps his candidacy would have lacked traction from the word go. Instead he's received the equivalent of billions of dollars of free advertising because he drives ratings.

Americans do a terrible job of being both responsible voters AND responsible consumers. Responsible consumers of media would demand better reporting by voting with their eyes, ears and dollars. And then we'd perhaps have political journalists who took seriously a responsibility to inform. Now the ONLY responsibility most media take is to the bottom line, and who can blame them?
                      Thing is, Wolf probably doesn't know what year Obama took office, and certainly not the year in which Khan was killed. It was probably only after the interview was over, and the producer got in his ear with, "Ahhhhh, Wolfie, Obama wasn't elected until 2008", that he realized what a colossal idiot he was for letting her go there.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Is that what happened? I figured they just found the gif funny.
                        Oh, Fark has run with it and done exactly what they should've in the situation. But I'm fairly confident it started with a cease and desist letter from CNN regarding trademark infringement or something silly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Sexually? (As he does have issues it appears)
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't know whether DSM-5 recognizes "insane" as a formal medical term, but it does recognize this.
                            Ummm....you just described mookie. I thought we weren't allowed to call out other posters on this website?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Bushes are coming out swinging today...first Dubya and then Barbara.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 08-03-2016, 12:48 PM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Still want Trump with the nuclear codes?

“I’ll have to be very careful here,” Scarborough said slowly. “Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on international level went to advise Donald Trump, and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked, at one point, ‘If we have them, why can’t we use them?’ That’s one of the reasons why he just doesn’t have foreign policy experts around him.”

Scarborough, previously a Republican congressman from Florida, clearly startled his colleagues with this story. “Trump,” asked a nonplussed Mike Barnicle. “Trump asked three times?” “Three times, in an hour briefing,” confirmed Scarborough. “Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?”
                                https://www.yahoo.com/tv/joe-scarbor...171548781.html
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X