Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Good first 'graph. Not sure if it's true, but it reads well.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      And sorry Slap Shot but I am not going to believe he just phrased it wrong.
      I didn't say he's without blame nor absolve him of the real probability that his rhetoric is potentially very dangerous. On the contrary he's too effing oblivious to realize it's an intended joke gone too far. He's used to saying whatever he wants in board rooms, country clubs, private VIP establishments, where ni**er jokes and grab*****ing female servers is not only welcomed but expected. He's completely unaware that, "A f@g, a jew and a dyke walk into a bar" doesn't resonate in this platform.

Everyone one of us has told an off-color joke - I doubt we really wished harm upon the target ,but nor would we tell it on a national platform if given the chance. He's used to getting his way by being surrounded by sycophants. Look how many small business owners he's effed over by not paying for their services because he could afford attorneys that eff them up after filing suit? He's been a bully unchallenged for decades and he's too ignorant to have figured out yet that it won't fly with anyone that isn't a complete imbecile or stark-raving homophobic racist.

If it helps I'm pretty sure I've made it perfectly clear he has no business being POTUS.
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Yeah, it's everyone else's fault she has been caught lying.
        That's the point, though. Caught lying at what, exactly?

There are plenty of things I don't like about her, but this generalized label of LIAR just avoids policy discussion. Just like many people I know, friends among them, who will say Obamacare is an awful thing but who haven't the foggiest idea what it is, what it replaced, what would improve it, or how it varies from the Romney plan.

Comment

As opposed to whom? Every independent fact finder on the planet suggests Hillary is as trustworthy as Jesus when compared with Trump. Why does every "non-Trump supporter" fail to cite his never-ending string of bulls**t when calling out Hillary for her mole hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            As opposed to whom? Every independent fact finder on the planet suggests Hillary is as trustworthy as Jesus when compared with Trump. Why does every "non-Trump supporter" fail to cite his never-ending string of bulls**t when calling out Hillary for her mole hill?
            The general public knows he's bs-ng (his supporters? I don't know...I really don't), so the public generally doesn't even pay attention. Hillary, though, she's supposed to be truthful, but then the public finds out she's lying and there's an uproar.

Say one of your friends is a habitual exaggerator. You factor in a degree of truth, and roll with that. Why? Your friend never tells the straight truth. Now, your straight-edged friend, who never lies, is suddenly caught in a few lies? You may have some questions....
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The general public knows he's bs-ng (his supporters? I don't know...I really don't), so the public generally doesn't even pay attention. Hillary, though, she's supposed to be truthful, but then the public finds out she's lying and there's an uproar.

Say one of your friends is a habitual exaggerator. You factor in a degree of truth, and roll with that. Why? Your friend never tells the straight truth. Now, your straight-edged friend, who never lies, is suddenly caught in a few lies? You may have some questions....
              That analogy does not work. We are talking about reputation labels, not disappointment over a single act. HC has been labeled for reasons that lack specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                That analogy does not work. We are talking about reputation labels, not disappointment over a single act. HC has been labeled for reasons that lack specifics.
                It was the best analogy I can think of. If she were running against a more honorable opponent, I think this would be a bigger deal. The FBI just doesn't say everything except "she flat out lied" without some sort of reason.

Note: that's not my main beef with her, but it is significant.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  It was the best analogy I can think of. If she were running against a more honorable opponent, I think this would be a bigger deal. The FBI just doesn't say everything except "she flat out lied" without some sort of reason.

Note: that's not my main beef with her, but it is significant.
                  I understand, Brent, but she got the LIAR tag long before the email stuff. It was a campaign and it stuck. Most people who consider her a liar do not have a specific proven lie they can produce to support the label.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I understand, Brent, but she got the LIAR tag long before the email stuff. It was a campaign and it stuck. Most people who consider her a liar do not have a specific proven lie they can produce to support the label.
                    She got the "untrustworthy" tag. Semantics, I know, but a bit different. She (and MANY other politicians) can maneuver with their language, so as to not be caught. I remember (I think; I am older, and the memory isn't so great) the "No New Taxes" by Bush Sr campaign. When he started increasing taxes, people screamed bloody murder. But, he was right, IIRC. He didn't introduce NEW taxes, he just increased ones in place.

Comment

I'm ZAPP Branigan! Wait no, I'm DONALD Trump!

Billy West reads Donald Trump quotes using his Zapp Branigan voice. (It's one of his Futurama characters, this one known for making self-aggrandizing and vain statements that are completely unearned.)
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I'm ZAPP Branigan! Wait no, I'm DONALD Trump!

Billy West reads Donald Trump quotes using his Zapp Branigan voice. (It's one of his Futurama characters, this one known for making self-aggrandizing and vain statements that are completely unearned.)
                        Bob isn't really around anymore; it's safe to make pop culture references without explaining them fully

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Bob isn't really around anymore; it's safe to make pop culture references without explaining them fully
                          He's lurking.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            I appreciated that one, actually.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              And you know what? We are right.

Nice to see Kep lumps "coders and engineers" along with the South as groups he's inherently bigoted against. Or is he admitting he, too, is part of just another "insulated, parochial tribe that ... came down the pike".
                              The beauty of it is that his words apply to himself just as much, if not moreso, than the "tribes" he amuses himself by taking umbrage with. Sure he's oblivious to it, but if we really want to talk about worldviews predicated on parochial tribalism...
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Count the layers of creepy.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X