Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Adams is widely regarded as having amazing insight to business culture, which means he understands people and their hot buttons.

People in this case are voters. And about voters he's right: both candidates have moved into "playing on fears" mode. And it's moving the masses.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Adams is widely regarded as
      So, "many are saying..."?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        So, "many are saying..."?
        Well played, Mauer.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Two letters to the editor in today's were aghast that anyone would possibly interpret what Donald Trump said the other night as, "go out and assassinate Hillary Clinton".

I guess I don't know what else an elude to 2nd Amendment remedies could mean.

Maybe a really smart person could explain it to me?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            She was also the governor of a backwater state after being the mayor of a backwater town in that backwater state.
            She threw her weight behind Paul Nehlen, who is not only as just-plain-stupid as she is but an avowed racist to boot. Which leads me to two questions:

1. What constituency is still paying attention to her? (And has money).

2. Wisconsin has a strong progressive tradition, a pretty well regarded public education system and such nice people. How do you explain Joe Mccarthy, Scott Walker, and Paul Nehlen?

Gopher fans need not respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              She was also the governor of a backwater state after being the mayor of a backwater town in that backwater state.
              In the defense of my home state, I would not categorize Alaska as a backwater. Oh we have issues but we're not exactly Mississippi or Alabama here. Wasilla is certainly a *hole though.

Palin was actually a somewhat decent Governor before the VP nod made her crazygonuts. She managed to get a decent oil tax passed (that immediately got scrapped after she left because the oil companies hated it) and actually increased a lot of eligibility for the Children's Health insurance program.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

You are wrong. That diagnosis comes from people who have had years of intimate contact with him, including the guy who wrote "The Art of the Deal" for him. In this case, it's on point: Trump isn't a Machiavelli. He isn't evil or crazy. He's morally deficient in a way doctors have been studying for a century.
                Yeah I hear his interviews...until the guy gets a PHD in clinical psychology he can take his opinion and shove it. Some of you need to realize that evil does exist...people are bad sometimes. Playing everything off as a disease or mental condition is lazy and is insulting to those that actually have those conditions.

You can underestimate him all you want, but 40 years from now people will be mocking your arrogance (and by you I mean The Arrogant Wing of the Left not you personally) wondering how people could read the situation so wrong. History is fraught with this stuff as you know.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Trump is like 99% of older conservatives. For the billionth time, he won the nomination because he represents the base of the party.

So if he's nuts, so is the 40%+ of the country that reflexively votes Republican in Presidential elections. Or that's voting for him this time around. He's a salesman. People in sales tell you what you want to hear, assume no risk of their own, and have no problem selling you something you don't need. Sounds a lot like the Trump campaign.
                  Exactly. There is a reason why he ran as a Republican and not an Independent or back in the day as a Democrat when he was hobnobbing with them. The guy knows what it takes to get a what he wants and he knows how to fleece the masses to get it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    You dont say...

Here is the point...before she was nominated how much had you ever heard her mentioned for anything? How well did you know Donald Drumpf previous to 2008? The situations dont compare.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I can't stand Trump, but he meant it as, "He allowed them to form by doing nothing to stop them". The problem is he doesn't phrase his intent in ways that doesn't come across as divisive or bat-s**t crazy. I don't think he actually wants knuckle-draggers to use their guns as opposed to the ballot box, but again he says stupid s**t and brings the ridicule upon himself.
                      I deal with contract disputes on a near daily basis and two simple concepts I try to make both sides understand is words have meaning, and absent other specific present definition words have the meaning that is most common. I have no idea what Trump is thinking because I have only his words and his actions to go on.

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...rategy-n628096

Donald Trump on Wednesday night appeared to blame President Barack Obama for the global terror threat, erroneously accusing him of creating ISIS and saying the group "honors" him.

"In many respects, you know, they honor President Obama," Trump said at a rally in Florida. "He's the founder of ISIS. He's the founder of ISIS. He's the founder. He founded ISIS."

Trump continued: "I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton."
                        http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wat...%3Dsm_fb_mojoe

GOP congressman: Trump says what he means
                        Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., says that while Donald Trump wasn't calling for the assassination of Hillary Clinton, Trump does say what he means. Duffy says this election is far from over.
                        That makes no ****ing sense Congressman Duffy. Figures you're from Wisconsin.
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 08-11-2016, 03:03 PM.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Adams is widely regarded as having amazing insight to business culture, which means he understands people and their hot buttons.

People in this case are voters. And about voters he's right: both candidates have moved into "playing on fears" mode. And it's moving the masses.
                          I haven't read much of Scott Adams' political commentary, but the piece that you linked to could have been written by Flaggy. "You're all sheep."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah I hear his interviews...until the guy gets a PHD in clinical psychology he can take his opinion and shove it. Some of you need to realize that evil does exist...people are bad sometimes. Playing everything off as a disease or mental condition is lazy and is insulting to those that actually have those conditions.

You can underestimate him all you want, but 40 years from now people will be mocking your arrogance (and by you I mean The Arrogant Wing of the Left not you personally) wondering how people could read the situation so wrong. History is fraught with this stuff as you know.
                            If it's 40 years from now I'm not going to worry too much about it...

Even though we are coming at this differently we both agree this guy should be kept as far away from the presidency as humanly possible.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If it's 40 years from now I'm not going to worry too much about it...

Even though we are coming at this differently we both agree this guy should be kept as far away from the presidency as humanly possible.
                              I still say there's an argument to be made for him being the President. I cite the Brexit vote in England as a good example why.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                I haven't read much of Scott Adams' political commentary, but the piece that you linked to could have been written by Flaggy. "You're all sheep."
                                He seems to be one of the countless number of Matt Welch / Reason Magazine "coders and engineers should decide all matters of public policy" people who have constructed a sealed, internally-consistent worldview in which they happen to be qualified to run the world. See also: every other insulated, parochial tribe that ever came down the pike. They mistake the salary they can command on the job market with the value of their economic and political opinions, which are dismally determined by their biographies.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X