Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

So I just overheard a convo with two of my (young) coworkers. One of them said, "I don't like Hillary much, but I really like Bill Clinton because he's so cute."

The two weren't even alive when Bill took office.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      So I just overheard a convo with two of my (young) coworkers. One of them said, "I don't like Hillary much, but I really like Bill Clinton because he's so cute."

The two weren't even alive when Bill took office.
      Bill rolled a very high Charisma score. It's the one in D and D that no one cares about but the only score in real life that does.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        It's official. He launched a website and has 1 week to get on the ballot in his home state of Utah. It's possible Trump could lose Utah (and with the vote split between Trump, Johnson, and a conservative independent with a home state advantage, its possible Hillary could win Utah)! If this guy gets any traction, it would be an electoral landslide for Hillary (although I doubt he will get too many votes outside of Utah). At the very least, if he can influence the race in Utah it would be cool to see a democrat win there.
        He has a pretty impressive resume on first glance.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He's missed the deadline in 26 states and has until the end of the week for 8 more states. Odd decision to start now.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            He's missed the deadline in 26 states and has until the end of the week for 8 more states. Odd decision to start now.
            I think it's cover for Republicans so they can support a "Republican" rather than go outside the label with Johnson. It's the #nevertrump attempt to bridge to the post-election and keep as many conservatives as possible from bleeding off to Libertarian, where they might just find a new home.

Also, the more reasons you can give for conservatives to come to the polls the more it helps down ballot.

I think it's actually pretty smart. And because the guy isn't a professional politician he can counter Trump's "I'm an outsider" message by saying, "oh, yeah? I'm so outside I'm not even a nominee!"

Also, Trump clutches his daddy-bought Wharton degree with his tiny fingers as a credential that shows he's "smart." Now here comes a guy who earned that degree AND served his country. The guy's resume rips off Trump's toe-nails without him even having to say anything.
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-08-2016, 11:35 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So it's basically a scam to get conservatives to the polls where they see he isn't on the ballot but figure "well, I'm here, might as well vote for Tea Party Clown (R) instead of sitting home watching O'Reilly."

That's disgustingly clever.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                I think the plan is to make sure Trump loses badly so the 'real conservatives' can regain control of the party from the Trumpites

Comment

Strictly anecdotal, but these days the callers on POTUS seem to be divided about 50% Clinton, 25% Trump, 25% Johnson. I know Libertarians tend to be over-represented in political activist forums, but still, there are a lot of "I am a lifelong R but I will not vote for Trump*. I'm sure not voting for Hillary, so that leaves me with Johnson" callers.

* Reason given is typically NOT "he's racist" or "he's crazy." It's "he's liberal."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    It's official. He launched a website and has 1 week to get on the ballot in his home state of Utah. It's possible Trump could lose Utah (and with the vote split between Trump, Johnson, and a conservative independent with a home state advantage, its possible Hillary could win Utah)! If this guy gets any traction, it would be an electoral landslide for Hillary (although I doubt he will get too many votes outside of Utah). At the very least, if he can influence the race in Utah it would be cool to see a democrat win there.
                    What would be so great about a Democratic win in Utah during this specific election? It's not like this would signify a turn in Utah's political trend. This is a group of unsatisfied Republicans looking to make a statement about a specific candidate who's been a thorn in a lot of states' sides now that he's actually become the endorsed candidate. Like Kepler noted, the people that could cause that state to go to Hillary are making a run to the right, not to the left. It's also in an election that where the ultimate end result is in little doubt.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      * Reason given is typically NOT "he's racist" or "he's crazy." It's "he's liberal."
                      Know what that means? They're not going to get it out of their systems until the real "True Believer" gets nominated. Sad but true. Nothing is going to change this cycle. There all going to go back and say that Trump wasn't "conservative" enough, that's why he didn't get elected. Conservative of course being the Limbaugh/Hannity definition and not the classic definition.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Know what that means? They're not going to get it out of their systems until the real "True Believer" gets nominated. Sad but true. Nothing is going to change this cycle. There all going to go back and say that Trump wasn't "conservative" enough, that's why he didn't get elected. Conservative of course being the Limbaugh/Hannity definition and not the classic definition.
                        I wonder who best fits the Rush definition? Who is Republican Jesus? Cruz?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I wonder who best fits the Rush definition? Who is Republican Jesus? Cruz?
                          I don't know. But, until that person gets nominated and gets defeated this cycle will never end. One of the reasons I was hoping Cruz or Santorum, or someone like that would get nominated this time.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            What would be so great about a Democratic win in Utah during this specific election?
                            Oh, I think you know.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Here's a crazy one. The "Now Cast" has the entire East coat in blue.

Yes, including South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Here's a crazy one. The "Now Cast" has the entire East coat in blue.

Yes, including South Carolina.
                                I _just_ looked at the now-cast and it still has SC light pink at 49.5% chance of Clinton victory and 50.4% chance of Trump Victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X