Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Like I said, if the debates go as bad as we all kind of expect them to then you will see the corporate overlords start to distance themselves
    I expect Trump to b-tch about everything procedural in the debates, like Bobby Fisher in Reykjavik. Everything from clocks to lights to room temperature. At least one flounce off. And every step of the way whining that it's rigged.

That stupid SOB is going to try his best to start a civil war.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-07-2016, 04:25 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That isnt true...if guys like Rick Santorum are out there campaigning for him that means he has to have some of the GOP insiders with him and their staffs. He isnt getting guys like Bush or Romney but the guys who ran against them he is trying to bring into the fold.
      Rick Santorum is a shining example of someone who you don't want on your side.

Sidenote: don't google "santorum."
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I expect Trump to b-tch about everything procedural in the debates, like Bobby Fisher in Reykjavik. Everything from clocks to lights to room temperature. At least one flounce off. ANd every step of the way whining that it's rigged.

That stupid SOB is going to try his best to start a civil war.
        Oh there is no doubt...the difference is Fischer was smart to do that because when you are talking about people of equal talent the head games before and during are what will change everything. Drumpf can demand the world but the one thing he cant control is what questions are asked and how he responds. If Faux puts your girlfriend Megyn Kelly as one of the moderators he might walk off stage.

Honestly, I almost never say this, but Hillary should request not only that they follow normal protocol but that they allow the candidates to ask each other as many questions as possible with rebuttal. Drumpf will bury himself when he cant think of questions on the fly (he will ask about Vince Foster, Bill Banging fat chicks and emails...that wont fill an hour) and I will bet on her all day to ask him questions that will bury him. Hell I would bet a years pay she could get him to admit he enjoys the white supremacist support branding him as the racist we all know he is.

Brent,

I read Dan Savage I know what Santorum means. And while yes he isnt the guy any of us want on our team the fact is the Evangelicals love him and he served in Congress. He has access to professional politicians who can help Drumpf.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I read Dan Savage I know what Santorum means. And while yes he isnt the guy any of us want on our team the fact is the Evangelicals love him and he served in Congress. He has access to professional politicians who can help Drumpf.
          I figured you did, given your locality around the time the term got coined. (Ditto here; loved Savage's columns). Didn't know about others.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Trump is doing so bad at winning the black vote that former KKK leader David Duke is beating him in that area.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2741948

Comment

Honestly, I almost never say this, but Hillary should request not only that they follow normal protocol but that they allow the candidates to ask each other as many questions as possible with rebuttal. Drumpf will bury himself when he cant think of questions on the fly (he will ask about Vince Foster, Bill Banging fat chicks and emails...that wont fill an hour) and I will bet on her all day to ask him questions that will bury him. Hell I would bet a years pay she could get him to admit he enjoys the white supremacist support branding him as the racist we all know he is.
              Clinton's questioning needs to include insisting on proof points for Trump's claims, pointing out that "because I say so" and repeating something multiple times don't make his claims factual. Throw in a reminder, too, that he's been willing to retweet discredited information about black crime, the national crime rate and other subjects.

I expect Trump to b-tch about everything procedural in the debates, like Bobby Fisher in Reykjavik. Everything from clocks to lights to room temperature. At least one flounce off. And every step of the way whining that it's rigged.
              Yes, Trump was accurately predicting the future when, a few months ago, he insisted that "we're going to do so much whining (not winning) that it'll make your head spin."
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Oh there is no doubt...the difference is Fischer was smart to do that because when you are talking about people of equal talent the head games before and during are what will change everything
                While this might be true in general, Fischer wasn't doing it to be tactical. For one thing, at the time of their meeting Fischer was much better than Spassky. Introducing wildcards and chaos could only hurt him. For another, Fischer was what the medical professionals formally refer to as crazy as a bedbug. He wasn't running ploys, he was having one of the peak functional schizophrenic episodes in human history.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Honestly, I almost never say this, but Hillary should request not only that they follow normal protocol but that they allow the candidates to ask each other as many questions as possible with rebuttal. Drumpf will bury himself when he cant think of questions on the fly (he will ask about Vince Foster, Bill Banging fat chicks and emails...that wont fill an hour) and I will bet on her all day to ask him questions that will bury him.
                  The only drawback to this is watching a woman completely dismember a man on stage is going to make a lot of men very uncomfortable. But to be honest the vast majority of men who fall back on the "b-tch," "c-nt" explanation of that are already lost cause Republicans. On the other hand, when Trump responds with his textbook narcissistic bullying to try to divert and side-track, 98% of women will see their a-hole abusive boss (or ex, or husband) and not only vote Hillary but actively encourage her daughters and nieces to vote Hillary.
                  Cornell University

Comment

It's official, Trump nearly 3 times as dishonest as Hillary:

An analysis by PolitiFact showed Trump scoring the worst among the major party candidates running for president this election, with 77 percent of his checked statements rated as false. Clinton, in contrast, had 28 percent rated false.
                    Trump's alleged personal physician also declared that if elected "Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency." Why does this statement sound like it came directly from Trump's mouth? No wonder this quack won't speak further on the record.

The American Psychiatric Association is also asking it its members to resist the temptation to refer to Trump as "mentally ill."

The Republican party ought to be ashamed of itself. Politicians as a rule have little shame, but the inaction shown by the leadership of the GOP in allowing this to continue for a year now, when there was a wealth of evidence from the very beginning of the campaign season that Trump was unqualified, undignified and quite possibly mentally ill (I am not a member of the APA so I feel fine saying Trump is cuckoo) borders on criminal misconduct.

I don't generally feel the need to have the police protect me from street crime. What I do need protection from is someone like Donald Trump hijacking a political party and being one step away from the most powerful elected position in the entire world, and the GOP has failed miserably. At some point I think we should all be allowed to punch one Republican official of our choice right in the throat on general principle.
                    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 08-07-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Trump is doing so bad at winning the black vote that former KKK leader David Duke is beating him in that area.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2741948
                      The Republican presidential candidate has only been able to muster a measly 1% of black voter’s support, according to the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal polling.
                      That's somehow more incredible than Duke getting 14%.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        It's official, Trump nearly 3 times as dishonest as Hillary:

Trump's alleged personal physician also declared that if elected "Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency." Why does this statement sound like it came directly from Trump's mouth? No wonder this quack won't speak further on the record.

The American Psychiatric Association is also asking it its members to resist the temptation to refer to Trump as "mentally ill."

The Republican party ought to be ashamed of itself. Politicians as a rule have little shame, but the inaction shown by the leadership of the GOP in allowing this to continue for a year now, when there was a wealth of evidence from the very beginning of the campaign season that Trump was unqualified, undignified and quite possibly mentally ill (I am not a member of the APA so I feel fine saying Trump is cuckoo) borders on criminal misconduct.

I don't generally feel the need to have the police protect me from street crime. What I do need protection from is someone like Donald Trump hijacking a political party and being one step away from the most powerful elected position in the entire world, and the GOP has failed miserably. At some point I think we should all be allowed to punch one Republican official of our choice right in the throat on general principle.
                        Wow
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Drumpf is that buddy we all have who lies about everything...even the stuff he doesnt need to.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This Video is Funny

In case you don't want to help the clickbait, basically it is an MSNBC show and Joy Reid from Conservative talk radio (a Drumpfer) was on and when asked a question about Drumpf and how he is with women (my guess in comparison to Hillary) she admits to all of his faults like how he cheated on his wives and tends to just "have pretty things".

She was trying for the "Well sure he is evil but she isnt that much better" problem was she went a bit too far with it
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Scarborough says a Republican with deep pockets is going to announce an indy run today.

ABC now running with the name: Evan McMullin.

McMullin was born in Provo, Utah, and earned a bachelor’s degree in international law and diplomacy from Brigham Young University and a master’s of business administration from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.

McMullin served as a Mormon missionary in Brazil and volunteer refugee resettlement officer in Amman, Jordan, on behalf of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. On Sept. 11, 2001, he was in training at CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. He completed his training and volunteered for overseas service in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia, spearheading counterterrorism and intelligence operations in some of the most dangerous nations, according to the group.

Once he left the CIA in 2011, McMullin went to work for Goldman Sachs in the San Francisco Bay Area and in 2013 became a senior adviser on national security issues for the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and later the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Scarborough says a Republican with deep pockets is going to announce an indy run today.

ABC now running with the name: Evan McMullin.
                                It's official. He launched a website and has 1 week to get on the ballot in his home state of Utah. It's possible Trump could lose Utah (and with the vote split between Trump, Johnson, and a conservative independent with a home state advantage, its possible Hillary could win Utah)! If this guy gets any traction, it would be an electoral landslide for Hillary (although I doubt he will get too many votes outside of Utah). At the very least, if he can influence the race in Utah it would be cool to see a democrat win there.
                                Last edited by BassAle; 08-08-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X