This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

If the dog bit them I am not sure what they are supposed to do. They werent aiming to shoot the kid...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      Oh honey.
      1) You have no proof the cops are lying.

2) You arent as clever as you pretend to be.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If the dog bit them I am not sure what they are supposed to do. They werent aiming to shoot the kid...
        Did they have to shoot? No. They have batons. They also usually have stun guns. They could have controlled the dog.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Maybe...but I dunno. This doesnt rank high on the outrage meter for me. I feel bad for the kid obviously...
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Maybe...but I dunno. This doesnt rank high on the outrage meter for me. I feel bad for the kid obviously...
            I feel bad for the kids parents. Their kid got killed because of a dog bite.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think I'm with handy on this one. It's a horrible tragedy and the family probably has grounds for a wrongful death suit. But criminally, I definitely need more details.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I think I'm with handy on this one. It's a horrible tragedy and the family probably has grounds for a wrongful death suit. But criminally, I definitely need more details.
                I've got more outage for the Seattle incident. Just thought it was relevant news-wise, and horrible to see another incident. I don't think they will be charged either

Comment

Was that the pregnant woman who was killed?
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Add to that, it was a Pit Bull, and it was charging at them for a second time.

Deputies at the scene said they initially responded to a report of loud music at a party. As they were conducting an investigation, a 60 to 65 pound pit bull "aggressively charged" at deputies and bit one of them on his left knee. The deputy was not seriously injured.

The dog was restrained by a person at the scene, but as deputies awaited paramedics, the animal got loose again and charged at the deputies, authorities said. At that point, two deputies shot at the pit bull from a 5- to 7-foot distance, and the dog went back to the rear of the apartment complex and into the carport area.

Deputies followed the dog in an attempt to corral the animal and prevent any other attacks. When they got to the carport area, deputies found the teen on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.

Deputies rendered aid until the boy was transported to a local hospital, where he died, sheriff's officials said.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I completely agree with that statement...a police officer realizing he made a grievous mistake does not excuse him from manslaughter.
                      Yanez shot and killed a man. I don't know about you, but I'd be a bit unnerved in the moments after, justified or not. I may say things/do things that are out of character. This doesn't excuse Yanez's actions, but it does excuse his emotions. There's a reason cops are put on leave (besides the obvious investigation reason). Some cops, after shooting a person, can't handle it anymore.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He was freaking out because he knew he was going to jail for a long time.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          He was freaking out because he knew he was going to jail for a long time.
                          Go kill someone. See how your emotions hold up. No, I'm not serious in that request. But think about it. Really think about it. You just took a human life, rightly or not. It's gonna mess with you.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Yanez shot and killed a man. I don't know about you, but I'd be a bit unnerved in the moments after, justified or not. I may say things/do things that are out of character. This doesn't excuse Yanez's actions, but it does excuse his emotions. There's a reason cops are put on leave (besides the obvious investigation reason). Some cops, after shooting a person, can't handle it anymore.
                            I have an old friend from high school who became a cop for Bloomington, assigned to the Mall of America for a while. He was involved in an incident where he had to pull out his pistol but never fired his weapon. It unnerved him so much that he immediately transferred to desk duty. A short while after that he left the police force for an entirely different profession. He told me about the thoughts running through his head at the time, a high-level thought process, and realized he was a only a few seconds from having to shoot until backup arrived and the young man surrendered. He was a few years removed from the incident and it still shook him a little to recount it.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Go kill someone. See how your emotions hold up. No, I'm not serious in that request. But think about it. Really think about it. You just took a human life, rightly or not. It's gonna mess with you.
                              No thanks. But good luck with that.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                No thanks. But good luck with that.
                                So, just to be clear, you are saying Yanez freaked out because he made a mistake, not because he just took a human life? I want to fully know your thought process on your take. Honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X