X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Milwaukee cop acquitted in shooting.

This is the case that spurred rioting in Milwaukee last year.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Milwaukee cop acquitted in shooting.

This is the case that spurred rioting in Milwaukee last year.
      That makes a heckuva lot more sense than Yanez getting set free...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        No there isn't. If it was murder that he was being tried for then sure but it's manslaughter, ie he accidentally killed someone he shouldn't have. And the key word here is reasonable, there was no reasonable fear of being shot in this situation. The guy disclosed that he had a weapon on him with the kid/gf in the car and was pulled over for what would've amounted to a warning most likely. The idea that he was any threat to start shooting is ludicrous and his fellow officer appears to feel the same way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3265188

You can probably add this to cop shooting bingo card.
        With the law phrased as it is, there is reasonable doubt. Yet again, I think the verdict was incorrect, and today's article in the STrib had some good explanations as to why the jurors ruled they way they did, which I also understand as to why they thought that way, however...still reasonable doubt.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          With the law phrased as it is, there is reasonable doubt. Yet again, I think the verdict was incorrect, and today's article in the STrib had some good explanations as to why the jurors ruled they way they did, which I also understand as to why they thought that way, however...still reasonable doubt.
          Not reasonable to me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/u...imes&smtyp=cur

“Part of what may have made a difference to the jury was the officer’s very emotional reaction after the shooting. He’s somebody who realizes that he’s made a grievous mistake. It’s certainly an argument for a manslaughter conviction rather than a murder conviction. People who do harm in the heat of the moment still deserve punishment.” — Mr. Butler, former prosecutor
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scooby, when's the last time anything in this world was ever reasonable to you?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Yesterday.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Not reasonable to me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                “Part of what may have made a difference to the jury was the officer’s very emotional reaction after the shooting. He’s somebody who realizes that he’s made a grievous mistake. It’s certainly an argument for a manslaughter conviction rather than a murder conviction. People who do harm in the heat of the moment still deserve punishment.” — Mr. Butler, former prosecutor
                I completely agree with that statement...a police officer realizing he made a grievous mistake does not excuse him from manslaughter.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I completely agree with that statement...a police officer realizing he made a grievous mistake does not excuse him from manslaughter.
                  Yet to this jury it did. His reaction should have been evidence against him and not a sympathy card.

Comment

http://www.citypages.com/news/dash-c...ideo/430172143

So look, if the cops story is true then the driver is a dick and deserves every carge against. He does not deserve to have the snot beaten out of him. Why must cops pretend they are Dirty Harry?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Never, LOL. He's a glass 9/10ths empty man.

That said, this ex-cop should be facing 15 years in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Never, LOL. He's a glass 9/10ths empty man.

That said, this ex-cop should be facing 15 years in prison.
                        No arguments from me.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          if the cops story is true
                          Oh honey.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Jesus. Another one. Boy and dog shot. Both dead.

http://abc7.com/news/suspect-killed-...s-say/2131277/

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Cops know there is almost no chance they will be charged -- let alone convicted -- if they discharge their firearms. Even if unarmed and seemingly innocent people die. All that's going to do is make it keep happening. And more often. With every one of these acquittals or every one of the times the prosecutor decides no crime was committed, it will embolden the worst cops to behave in the worst ways.

At some point the good people in law enforcement are going to come to regret their insistence on this blue wall of silence. At some point there will be a runaway train of violence directed at them. We've already seen it with the likes of the shocking ambush killings last year of 5 cops in Texas.

Just like right now the republicans are really the only ones who can save this country from trump, the cops themselves -- the good, decent ones who really are cops because they want to help people and make their communities better places to live -- had better get their own 5h!t together and ferret out the bad ones. Because if you are deranged enough to go out and kill cops for revenge are you gonna first determine which are the good ones and which are the ones who got away with killing an innocent kid? No you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Guaranteed acquittal. Next.

Comment

Working...
                                X