This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Urbandale Iowa: 2 Iowa police officers killed in a separate ambush-style assaults early this morning.

Authorities in Iowa have identified the suspected gunman in the ambush-style attacks early Wednesday morning-- occuring 20 minutes apart-- that claimed the lives of two police officers who were sitting in their patrol cars.

Authorities said Scott Michael Greene, 46, is considered armed and dangerous. He is about 5'11 and 180 pounds and is believed to be driving a blue 2011 Ford F-150 with an Iowa license plate 780 YFR.

“In all appearances it looks just like that, that these officers were ambushed,” Parizek said. “It doesn't look like there was any interaction between these cowards and the officers they shot in their cars.”

Urbandale Sgt. Chad Underwood said his officers are equipped with body cameras, but they are not always on. Schools in Urbandale were closed Wednesday, Fox 25 reported.

Neither police officer was identified by officials and-- as of a 5 a.m.-- police were still notifying family members. Parizek said their names and details about their service would be released later Wednesday.

Des Moines police said in a news release earlier that officers responded to a report of shots fired at the intersection of 70th Street and Aurora Avenue at 1:06 a.m., and the first officers to arrive on scene found an Urbandale officer with gunshot wounds.

Des Moines police officers responded to assist and just 20 minutes later, a Des Moines officer was found fatally shot at an intersection about two blocks away.

The Des Moines Register reported that streets at both shooting scenes were closed amid the investigation. Schools in the area were also closing for Wednesday, officials said.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The suspect apparently clashed with Urbandale police a few weeks ago when he tried to wave a confederate flag at a high school football game.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        The suspect apparently clashed with Urbandale police a few weeks ago when he tried to wave a confederate flag at a high school football game.
        Seems like a great reason to kill a cop...

Good lord what is wrong with people? What is going on in this country?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Easy.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This Cop Seems Nice

Guy is down on his hands and knees and cop feels the need to kick him in the face...but I am sure he "feared for his life".
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It's all a part of the plan. Had to get people off Occupy, because it was a danger to the Rothschild family.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                It's all a part of the plan. Had to get people off Occupy, because it was a danger to the Rothschild family.
                Do you ever write a sentence that actually makes sense? Time to up the dosage...
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jesus.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    And it only took them 6 months to fire him...

Comment

Crazy few days here Anchorage and the APD. Friday night/Saturday morning an officer, friend of the family and a former coworker (he was actually the HR person who hired me at UPS), was ambushed and shot four times. Now thankfully he lived and is expected to recover. The guy who ambushed him was shot dead by the officer and another officer.

Flash forward to today and APD announces the names of everyone involved. But not only that, the gun used to shoot the officer was involved in 5 other homicides in Anchorage. So basically an officer trying to ask someone for info on somebody else skipping out on cab fare has lead to what may be a dead serial killer.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of police killing people but I think we can agree on the necessity of this one.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Here is a different sort of "officer involved" shooting story in Lee County, FL yesterday.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Flash forward to today and APD announces the names of everyone involved. But not only that, the gun used to shoot the officer was involved in 5 other homicides in Anchorage. So basically an officer trying to ask someone for info on somebody else skipping out on cab fare has lead to what may be a dead serial killer.
                          What part of British Columbia looks the most like Anchorage for the movie? Prince Rupert?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Second degree manslaughter charges for the cop that murdered Philando Castile. Seems a little light, but at least it is something.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Second degree manslaughter charges for the cop that murdered Philando Castile. Seems a little light, but at least it is something.
                              Yeah I'm actually surprised it
                              1) Didn't go to a grand jury where the DA punted the case
                              2) He was actually charged with anything

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                Why do you think it's light? Manslaughter is for when a killing occurs and it's not premeditated. Unless you're of the Flaggy sort, you can't really expect that the officer planned to stop Mr. Castillo with the intent of shooting him when his shift began that day.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X