X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

He was freaking out because he knew he was going to jail for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I completely agree with that statement...a police officer realizing he made a grievous mistake does not excuse him from manslaughter.
    Yanez shot and killed a man. I don't know about you, but I'd be a bit unnerved in the moments after, justified or not. I may say things/do things that are out of character. This doesn't excuse Yanez's actions, but it does excuse his emotions. There's a reason cops are put on leave (besides the obvious investigation reason). Some cops, after shooting a person, can't handle it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If the dog bit them I am not sure what they are supposed to do. They werent aiming to shoot the kid...
    Add to that, it was a Pit Bull, and it was charging at them for a second time.

Deputies at the scene said they initially responded to a report of loud music at a party. As they were conducting an investigation, a 60 to 65 pound pit bull "aggressively charged" at deputies and bit one of them on his left knee. The deputy was not seriously injured.

The dog was restrained by a person at the scene, but as deputies awaited paramedics, the animal got loose again and charged at the deputies, authorities said. At that point, two deputies shot at the pit bull from a 5- to 7-foot distance, and the dog went back to the rear of the apartment complex and into the carport area.

Deputies followed the dog in an attempt to corral the animal and prevent any other attacks. When they got to the carport area, deputies found the teen on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.

Deputies rendered aid until the boy was transported to a local hospital, where he died, sheriff's officials said.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Was that the pregnant woman who was killed?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I think I'm with handy on this one. It's a horrible tragedy and the family probably has grounds for a wrongful death suit. But criminally, I definitely need more details.
    I've got more outage for the Seattle incident. Just thought it was relevant news-wise, and horrible to see another incident. I don't think they will be charged either

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I think I'm with handy on this one. It's a horrible tragedy and the family probably has grounds for a wrongful death suit. But criminally, I definitely need more details.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Maybe...but I dunno. This doesnt rank high on the outrage meter for me. I feel bad for the kid obviously...
    I feel bad for the kids parents. Their kid got killed because of a dog bite.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Maybe...but I dunno. This doesnt rank high on the outrage meter for me. I feel bad for the kid obviously...

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

If the dog bit them I am not sure what they are supposed to do. They werent aiming to shoot the kid...
    Did they have to shoot? No. They have batons. They also usually have stun guns. They could have controlled the dog.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Oh honey.
    1) You have no proof the cops are lying.

2) You arent as clever as you pretend to be.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Jesus. Another one. Boy and dog shot. Both dead.

http://abc7.com/news/suspect-killed-...s-say/2131277/
    Guaranteed acquittal. Next.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Cops know there is almost no chance they will be charged -- let alone convicted -- if they discharge their firearms. Even if unarmed and seemingly innocent people die. All that's going to do is make it keep happening. And more often. With every one of these acquittals or every one of the times the prosecutor decides no crime was committed, it will embolden the worst cops to behave in the worst ways.

At some point the good people in law enforcement are going to come to regret their insistence on this blue wall of silence. At some point there will be a runaway train of violence directed at them. We've already seen it with the likes of the shocking ambush killings last year of 5 cops in Texas.

Just like right now the republicans are really the only ones who can save this country from trump, the cops themselves -- the good, decent ones who really are cops because they want to help people and make their communities better places to live -- had better get their own 5h!t together and ferret out the bad ones. Because if you are deranged enough to go out and kill cops for revenge are you gonna first determine which are the good ones and which are the ones who got away with killing an innocent kid? No you're not.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

if the cops story is true
    Oh honey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X