X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I believe they expire at some point. If it isn't renewed, then see ya.
    They do expire. They expire after a set period of time or if an alien becomes unemployed and therefore loses his/her sponsorship (its status is directly tied to their visa's status too, I believe).

We had a very talented contractor leave because the contracting company through which she was found were dragging their feet on renewing her work permit. She left that contracting company and found direct employment elsewhere, where they were very willing to sponsor her work permit. It delayed our project by months and my former boss, who did a lot of contractor hiring, started using different firms for future contractors.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yep. The key words are "valid work permits." I'm cool with that.
      Cops take a very similar oath to the one in the Constitution, although usually also including the state's Constitution. I'd sure as hell want a citizen, because if it's just a "work permit", then that person has ZERO loyalty to our Constitution. Of course, that's what the globalist wants: someone who has zero respect of the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th amendments, along with every single other one.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Cops take a very similar oath to the one in the Constitution, although usually also including the state's Constitution. I'd sure as hell want a citizen, because if it's just a "work permit", then that person has ZERO loyalty to our Constitution. Of course, that's what the globalist wants: someone who has zero respect of the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th amendments, along with every single other one.
        Pretty big assumption that someone has zero respect for our Constitution just because they are not a citizen.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Pretty big assumption that someone has zero respect for our Constitution just because they are not a citizen.
          But but but 'Murica! 'Murica man!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I find it troubling that people and the media are treating "immigrants" and "undocumented" I mean "illegal" immigrants the same in terminology. I am all for legal immigrants. Work permits or otherwise. I encourage it. I have trouble with the illegal immigrants. That's my only point.

As for work permit, I'd like to think they are on their way to becoming legal immigrants, and that's awesome.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You realize that the bar you love so much more than likely uses some of those darn illegals you dislike so much right?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The current system filled with good 'ol 'Mericans barely has respect for those amendments. Look at the kid who committed suicide after spending three years in solitary in Rikers without a trial.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I see no issues with legal immigrants being cops. They pass the tests and qualify, good for them.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I see no issues with legal immigrants being cops. They pass the tests and qualify, good for them.
                    The only question I have is could a person on a work permit be deported for offences committed as a cop? If so, then I'd have reservations.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Have you read the SCOTUS equal protection cases on alienage, Flaggy? Not the hysterical, only-a-sucker-would-believe-it trash on Infowars--the real cases? I mean, since you are classifying people according to their knowledge of the Bill of Rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        The only question I have is could a person on a work permit be deported for offences committed as a cop? If so, then I'd have reservations.
                        I'd hope they would have a quick path to citizenship serving in miltary, police, fire, emt etc
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          You realize that the bar you love so much more than likely uses some of those darn illegals you dislike so much right?
                          AFAIK, they have not been found to be in violation. If they were found in violation, my business would be taken elsewhere. Your point?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

AFAIK, they have not been found to be in violation. If they were found in violation, my business would be taken elsewhere. Your point?
                            My point is, a lot of the things you love so much you would have to give up if that is your attitude and I dont think you would. And while they have "not been found in violation" I guarantee they are/were in violation. (I used to know people who worked at many of those establishments including the one you used to frequent)

We make exceptions all the time for things...just because you stay in denial about them doesnt mean they dont exist. It has been this way since the beginning the Faux Outrage over it now is hilarious. If they are working and making a living why do you care? How does it hurt you exactly?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              My point is, a lot of the things you love so much you would have to give up if that is your attitude and I dont think you would. And while they have "not been found in violation" I guarantee they are/were in violation. (I used to know people who worked at many of those establishments including the one you used to frequent)

We make exceptions all the time for things...just because you stay in denial about them doesnt mean they dont exist. It has been this way since the beginning the Faux Outrage over it now is hilarious. If they are working and making a living why do you care? How does it hurt you exactly?
                              I know illegal workers exist. I also know employers are innocent until proven guilty. Last time I checked, that's the way it is in America.

I'm more than fine with immigrants who come here to work and/or live, as long as they use a legal way to do it. I'm not going to apologize for asking people to obey the law, and for laws to be enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                They're 100% loyal to another country. And we're not even talking about duals here. Why would they?

Comment

Working...
                                X