• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Let's be honest, hate crime law is pretty stupid, and to expect them not to go there eventually was silly.
    Unless Trump voters are now a protected class this is ridiculous. I doubt the same cop would charge a white person with burning a picture of Barack Obama.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Let's be honest, hate crime law is pretty stupid, and to expect them not to go there eventually was silly.
    I dunno, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the practicality of hate crime law and everything to do with the cluelessness of rural Maryland white herpa-derps, or as I like to call them, my neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Maryland needs to tighten up the police exam a tad...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Maryland needs to tighten up the police exam a tad...

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I've never known State Police to double up on patrol.
    They have to be prepared to face some really dangerous people. Or maybe some unarmed 83 year old guy, I don't know. This incident is more proof that we allow the wrong people to be in law enforcement and we fail miserably to train them. If I saw a couple of cops do something like this to my dad, I'd probably be spending the rest of my life behind bars, because nothing would stop me from extracting some serious vengeance.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No matter how you slice it, stupidity abounds on both sides of this story. And of course the dash cam malfunctioned; how convenient.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...est/100413974/
    Trooper Artfitch, who joined the State Police in 2014, testified to his version of the encounter. He said he and his partner were driving north on U.S. 131
    I've never known State Police to double up on patrol.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Study: Grand Rapids, MI... black drivers are twice as likely to be stopped and searched.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...resent_re.html

And we had to study to find this out?
    There are a lot of things that we "know" to be true in my office, but we have to perform analysis in order to prove it out before presenting to management. This is just the public sector's public policy version of that same thing.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Study: Grand Rapids, MI... black drivers are twice as likely to be stopped and searched.

No, it just gives actual hard evidence to something we know is likely true.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

No matter how you slice it, stupidity abounds on both sides of this story. And of course the dash cam malfunctioned; how convenient.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...est/100413974/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    With all the cameras these days I can't believe there are still so many idiots out there. I've watched Live PD a few times (it got boring after 2-3 episodes) but the cops they followed never once got out of line even in situations where I might not have blamed them.
    A combination of entitlement and idiocy.

This is like a white window on what blacks have experienced for... well, forever. NWA was onto something.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

With all the cameras these days I can't believe there are still so many idiots out there. I've watched Live PD a few times (it got boring after 2-3 episodes) but the cops they followed never once got out of line even in situations where I might not have blamed them.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Just a Few More Bad Apples

The victim is no innocent...but he didnt deserve to be assaulted. I am sure we will hear otherwise though...

I especially enjoy when the hero cop runs up towards the end as the victim is on the ground cuffed and curbstomps him. I bet that true American Hero feared for his life as he ran his worthless POS *** to help. What a piece of dripslime.

edit: Link from the article to This Incident

Another true American Hero assaulting a black man for friggin Jaywalking.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-14-2017, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Of course

It may be different at different institutions/states. I personally would never work for a place that would not have my back, legally, in those situations. It is crucial to maintain the doctor-patient relationship and trust. If a patient (or suspect) feels that I do not have their best interests first and foremost, it will hurt their care.

I have plenty of stroke patients who test positive for cocaine (much less than directly admit to it). I know it is not the same scenario as the above but I think it has importance to the underlying principle. It is much easier for me to provide better care, prevent the next stroke, get them the resources they need if they trust me and do not have to worry about the criminal justice system finding out they used an illegal substance.

I have also learned to test everyone, trust no one (100% that is). If those test results were easily obtained by police I would be much more hesitant to test them, or I would talk to the patient and get consent before running certain tests.
    I am obviously known as a cop-lover around these parts, in general, but I do try to get all info before I make a statement. In this case, there are (or could be) a LOT of gray areas, so I was hesitant to say how I felt one way or the other. Your input is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Thank you for the information. I will take you at your word that what you say is true, and if that's the case, then this is way over the line.
    Of course

It may be different at different institutions/states. I personally would never work for a place that would not have my back, legally, in those situations. It is crucial to maintain the doctor-patient relationship and trust. If a patient (or suspect) feels that I do not have their best interests first and foremost, it will hurt their care.

I have plenty of stroke patients who test positive for cocaine (much less than directly admit to it). I know it is not the same scenario as the above but I think it has importance to the underlying principle. It is much easier for me to provide better care, prevent the next stroke, get them the resources they need if they trust me and do not have to worry about the criminal justice system finding out they used an illegal substance.

I have also learned to test everyone, trust no one (100% that is). If those test results were easily obtained by police I would be much more hesitant to test them, or I would talk to the patient and get consent before running certain tests.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X