Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LeBron: Discuss

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'd take LeBron on my team, as far as an owner/coach/etc. Gotta win. Doesn't make him any less a doosh. And I'm not talking just trash-talking. Bird was apparently one of the biggest trash-talkers on earth. It's on how you carry yourself as a player. LeBron fails, IMO.
    Is that right? How so?

Second question...who in the league currently that is on a similar level doesnt "fail"?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Is that right? How so?

Second question...who in the league currently that is on a similar level doesnt "fail"?
      Off the top of my head, the whole "Decision" show when he went to Miami. That was a complete joke.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Off the top of my head, the whole "Decision" show when he went to Miami. That was a complete joke.
        How much money did he make off that crap. Its all marketing, you are p issed at a guy for trying to cash in? I think it was a joke also but what does that have to do with what he can do with a ball and a basket?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          What is in the Charles that causes Boston writers to be such self-important cretinous windbags? Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Will McDonough, Peter Gammons. Good Christ, in no other city on Earth have there been four prominent sportswriters all of whom deserved to be fed into a wood chipper before Mike Lupica.
          oh c'mon!!!

nothing beat grabbing a sunday glob back in the day and reading the full page columns by the commish, gammons, and especially will. mookie really misses him (and that isn't written often).
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

IIRC, LeBron has expressed hindsight regrets about "The Decision". Doesn't excuse it, but at least he acknowledges it was an attention grab.

Comment

So that, which happened off the court makes him a doosh of a player but all of the good stuff he has done, again off the court, doesnt offset it in your mind? You do realize that while that was televised it is no different than what most superstars do behind the scenes right?

So is your issue that he doesnt hide his ego then?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

he knows he is good. so what. it's not like lbj is a hog on the court feeding his ego. he goes out of his way to involve his teammates when he is out there. he passes up shots and passes to get them going. heck, people fault him for doing that crap.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  So that, which happened off the court makes him a doosh of a player but all of the good stuff he has done, again off the court, doesnt offset it in your mind? You do realize that while that was televised it is no different than what most superstars do behind the scenes right?

So is your issue that he doesnt hide his ego then?
                  The Decision was as a player. It may be off the court, but he was in a "player's" role. You're smarter than that.

I could also add the massive flops he performs during games, and yes, some other players do that too, and that's just embarrassing.

You may or may not think he's a doosh, and I do. *Shrug*

Edit: walrus: I never doubted his talent. I don't like his prima donna dooshy personality as a player.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Decision was as a player. It may be off the court, but he was in a "player's" role. You're smarter than that.

I could also add the massive flops he performs during games, and yes, some other players do that too, and that's just embarrassing.

You may or may not think he's a doosh, and I do. *Shrug*

Edit: walrus: I never doubted his talent. I don't like his prima donna dooshy personality as a player.
                    He plays in the nba, they are prima donna dooshy players.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: LeBron: Discuss

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      What is in the Charles that causes Boston writers to be such self-important cretinous windbags? Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Will McDonough, Peter Gammons. Good Christ, in no other city on Earth have there been four prominent sportswriters all of whom deserved to be fed into a wood chipper before Mike Lupica.
                      A great sports writer doesn't need to have ever been a great athlete or even know how to put on a jockstrap, but Lupica for me is the lone "omfg what a weasel pencild**k" exception to the rule.

Comment

Working...
                      X