This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

The number of people quoting flaggy today is disturbing. I know most of them have him on ignore, yet for some reason THIS is when you decide to unhide his posts? This should be the day that you skip them without giving it a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      A lawyer from vegas is claiming the shooter lost a personal injury suit against mandalay. If true that adds an interesting twist.
      Kind of odd that, if this is true, Mandalay security wouldn't have flagged him...and not let him in the building.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Kind of odd that, if this is true, Mandalay security wouldn't have flagged him...and not let him in the building.
        Agreed, but I think it was a few years ago, so not sure.

Comment

Right now somebody could claim aliens from Area 51 affected the shooter's mind, and they'd get air time.

Too much airtime and nothing to fill it.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Even odder, if true, is why he’d choose to shoot up a country music event.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Honestly, and bbdl (among others, but he's the one in this thread) can confirm this, gunshot sounds in downtown MPLS don't even make me flinch. I hear "pop-pop" and think, "Gee, we should move along at this point." Not saying it as braggadocio, it just doesn't surprise or register with me at this point.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Even odder, if true, is why he’d choose to shoot up a country music event.
                I mean there are several events you could choose from. In December, there is a huge marathon that ends at mandalay. My uncle is one of the main sponsors and always runs. It could have been runners at the finish line

Comment

So if I'm seeing the latest right (thank you Brent as I haven't been following this today), this gentleman purchased his weapons legally, purchased ammo legally, passed the (minimal) laws and checks as required by Nevada and Federal law legally, but modified his weapons to be fully automatic (illegal).

Then, for reasons unknown, he snapped and decided to take out as many people as possible.

Welp. It's not a gun control issue. This falls upon mental health and the sad state of health care in this country.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    So if I'm seeing the latest right (thank you Brent as I haven't been following this today), this gentleman purchased his weapons legally, purchased ammo legally, passed the (minimal) laws and checks as required by Nevada and Federal law legally, but modified his weapons to be fully automatic (illegal).

Then, for reasons unknown, he snapped and decided to take out as many people as possible.

Welp. It's not a gun control issue. This falls upon mental health and the sad state of health care in this country.
                    I have mentioned elsewhere. It's not the gun laws that need to be fixed. It's our society's attitude that needs to be fixed. We use guns to fix our problems.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Unless you believe that guns like an AR-15 should be illegal for a citizen to own.

Comment

He took a gun that was one triggerpull = one bang and converted it, according to reports. The latter being VERY illegal. The former being legal. Whatever happened in his head, no one can control that. And if he was set in his thinking, no gun law would have prevented this. It sucks. Straight up, it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          He took a gun that was one triggerpull = one bang and converted it, according to reports. The latter being VERY illegal. The former being legal. Whatever happened in his head, no one can control that. And if he was set in his thinking, no gun law would have prevented this. It sucks. Straight up, it sucks.

Can a hunting rifle be converted in this fashion?

Comment

Working...
                          X