X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Is it worth putting forth the effort when they only want to communicate through Wingdings? All the other fonts to choose from but they insist the most obnoxious is the only one worth using.
    That may need an infographic on. My personal favorite font is college.
    Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
    bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I think in rural areas, you're going to have a hard time finding people that care about hearing gunshots. It is probably hard to imagine for people that don't have the experience of living in an area like that, or for people that don't hunt, but it really is just a normal thing, especially during hunting season.
      Yeah. Grew up in rural northern MN. Haven't shot a gun in probably 20 years (and have no desire to own/shoot one), but live in the country and hearing gun shots isn't something that crosses my mind to worry about.
      Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
      bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        The 9mm handgun that I have doesn't have a safety. I wish it did. Turning on and off the safety whenever I shoot a gun is just second nature to me at this point, I don't even have to think about it, it is essentially muscle memory. Many gun people would admonish me for this, but since it doesn't have a safety, I don't keep a round chambered. I am not comfortable with having a gun around without a safety and a round chambered, even if it is always locked in my safe. If I ever do need to use it, god forbid, if someone breaks into my house, or something like that, I just know that the first thing I need to do is chamber a round.
        The exact same way my family and I feel. I would never feel comfortable carrying a gun with a round in the chamber and no safety. It's the one thing about glocks I would change.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Can't wait until frauddy tells St. Clown that their friend didn't actually get shot and it was a government hoax (assuming he hasn't done that yet).
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-02-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Can't wait until frauddy tells UNOfan that their friend didn't actually get shot and it was a government hoax (assuming that hasn't happened yet).
            ? How'd I get brought into this?

Comment

I think in rural areas, you're going to have a hard time finding people that care about hearing gunshots. It is probably hard to imagine for people that don't have the experience of living in an area like that, or for people that don't hunt, but it really is just a normal thing, especially during hunting season.
              we have a camp on a remote lake in the middle of no where (basically in the heart of hundreds of thousands of acres of managed timberland, miles from the nearest public road). It does get annoying during hunting season when some of the other camp owners use a nearby spot for target practice (basically 'across the road' from a few of the camps, including ours -- not visible because of the trees between us and there, but really only 400 feet or so away -- its pretty much just a spot the timber management company dug out some gravel for road repairs so it makes a decent backstop for target practice. basically a tiny gravel pit). 90% of the time when we go to camp, we are the only people around for miles, but once in a while during hunting season we get some people that shoot constantly. it kind of sucks when they are around.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                ? How'd I get brought into this?
                My bad, had the wrong person, it's edited now.

Comment

Hostage Rescue Team has confirmed suicide is a lie, and the Anti-Fa and Middle East connections is absolutely true.

Comment

Depends how close they are, there is a gun club 1 mile from my house. I hear shots on the weekends before hunting season, getting tuned up I guess. too many homes around me now to hear a close shot. A few years there was a tree stand just over my property line. No ID tag on it, right on a path I use to walk my dog. I'd bet no one had permission and if it was 6 or so ft west I'd have owned it and it would have been in my garage. But yeah, gun shots are a regular thing around here
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Depends how close they are, there is a gun club 1 mile from my house. I hear shots on the weekends before hunting season, getting tuned up I guess. too many homes around me now to hear a close shot. A few years there was a tree stand just over my property line. No ID tag on it, right on a path I use to walk my dog. I'd bet no one had permission and if it was 6 or so ft west I'd have owned it and it would have been in my garage. But yeah, gun shots are a regular thing around here
                      In my prior house we lived about 3 miles from a range. By the second week I'd completely phased gunfire out of my perception. "How often's the train go by?"
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm in the sticks fishing for hours at a time a couple of times a week year round. Heard some yesterday morning on the trout stream I was on and the week before too.

Barely registered and didn't even remember it till reading your post.

It's almost as regular as hearing a rooster.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Hostage Rescue Team has confirmed suicide is a lie, and the Anti-Fa and Middle East connections is absolutely true.
                          No it didn't...but keep trying the voices might go away someday.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No it didn't...but keep trying the voices might go away someday.
                            I don't think anyone reads what he says and thinks "I believe it! That must be the truth!" Out of all the places to get news, a wingnut poster on a message board with no sources is pretty much at the bottom of the list.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't think anyone reads what he says and thinks "I believe it! That must be the truth!" Out of all the places to get news, a wingnut poster on a message board with no sources is pretty much at the bottom of the list.
                              I bet no one here can guess the only "source" that is reporting Flag's bogus claim.

Comment

A lawyer from vegas is claiming the shooter lost a personal injury suit against mandalay. If true that adds an interesting twist.

Comment

Working...
                                X