This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Here's some more information found: https://www.infowars.com/fbi-source-...n-middle-east/

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      There's still people doing that. It takes a special kind of sick to want to end up famous while going out. I don't get it myself.
      I think when you say "end up famous" you nail it. There has always been a desire by people to make a mark on the world before they die, and in reality only a fraction of a percent of people born are known more than 3 generations after they die. In some twisted way, these people think that they have found a shortcut to fame. A shortcut to immortality. Shoot 50 people, get a Wikipedia page for perpetuity. It is absolutely sick, but I have no doubt that this kind of legacy, this kind of fame, is what many of these people crave.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In a Six Degree of Kevin Bacon sort of thing, a friend of a friend of mine was shot at the Vegas concert. He's still being treated at the hospital.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I think when you say "end up famous" you nail it. There has always been a desire by people to make a mark on the world before they die, and in reality only a fraction of a percent of people born are known more than 3 generations after they die. In some twisted way, these people think that they have found a shortcut to fame. A shortcut to immortality. Shoot 50 people, get a Wikipedia page for perpetuity. It is absolutely sick, but I have no doubt that this kind of legacy, this kind of fame, is what many of these people crave.
          they should stop reporting the name of the shooters. make them anonymous scum bags rather than plastering their name all over. won't happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            In a Six Degree of Kevin Bacon sort of thing, a friend of a friend of mine was shot at the Vegas concert. He's still being treated at the hospital.
            All the best to the friend of friend, and I mean that sincerely, despite what any of the numpties say.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              they should stop reporting the name of the shooters. make them anonymous scum bags rather than plastering their name all over. won't happen though.
              Oh, just like Europe, so they avoid the motives and let it keep happening until everyone's gone?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Agree and agree.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Revised casualties. For 50 dead read 58. For 200 injured, read 515.

That's quite an ad for the weapon. It does its job.
                  From a cell phone video it sounds like an full auto aka machine gun
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    All the best to the friend of friend, and I mean that sincerely, despite what any of the numpties say.
                    Best of luck but that's all I have to offer we shouldn't actually change anything the system works!

Comment

Guess my ignore list will be growing.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        From a cell phone video it sounds like an full auto aka machine gun
                        correct me if I'm wrong, an "assault rifle" is an automatic (or semi) with a clip. A "machine gun" has a continuous belt feed and typically a bipod on the barrel? Newsweek reports that machine guns are legal in Nevada (not sure if they share my speculative definition).
                        This guy had to have a serious arsenal, either a machine gun or a bunch of assault rifles with many clips.
                        I have a problem with tweets saying things like "he was not a lone wolf or mentally ill, he was a TERRORIST." First, none of those things preclude the others. He could have been all three. In fact it's hard to picture anyone doing this without being mentally ill, whether or not he belonged to a terrorist group. Second, terrorism has a definition and is not an indicator of the severity of the crime. It's violence committed for political purposes. When a Muslim commits jihad, it's terrorism by definition. When some unaffiliated nut goes off the rails and kills as many people as he can out of a personal vendetta or to get his name in the paper, it's not terrorism. That's not saying his crime is more acceptable or less corrupting of society or shouldn't lead to stricter gun control. It's just telling the truth.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I wouldn't say that setting differences aside, as I would prefer to have that to be able to defend myself. And if I were your neighbor, I would also offer to defend you, as well as the entire neighborhood. Whether you'd like that service or not is your choice, and will be respected. I would have zero desire to attack you, and would ensure steps that no one has the ability to attack you with it. It's called a safe. I would actually use it.
                          real life isn't like Counter-Strike. Why do so many people have fantasies that somehow their neighborhood will end up a war zone and the only thing that will save them is their stockpile of weapons and ammo (plus the case of military rations they bought at the surplus store)? Do they make body armor in size XXL for all the people with fantasies of acting out their video games in real life?

If **** really hit the fan you'd probably cower in your mom's basement defending your hoard of cheetos and mountain dew while chatting with your Counter-Strike clan members.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            correct me if I'm wrong, an "assault rifle" is an automatic (or semi) with a clip.
                            magazine, not clip. The gun nuts will have a fit if you call it a clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              magazine, not clip. The gun nuts will have a fit if you call it a clip.
                              I always call them clips. I really don't think it matters either way.

According to the WSJ, they found 18 to 20 guns and some were full auto. Think there might be a lot more to the story on this.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                real life isn't like Counter-Strike. Why do so many people have fantasies that somehow their neighborhood will end up a war zone and the only thing that will save them is their stockpile of weapons and ammo (plus the case of military rations they bought at the surplus store)? Do they make body armor in size XXL for all the people with fantasies of acting out their video games in real life?

If **** really hit the fan you'd probably cower in your mom's basement defending your hoard of cheetos and mountain dew while chatting with your Counter-Strike clan members.
                                Ask drew, it's because of the redcoats! Could happen again.

There's gotta be a place in hell for anyone who thinks we need silencers along with our zillion guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X