X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Did I hear right this morning that he had a fully automatic rifle? Or was that just misinformation, or premature speculation?
    That's what I heard and based on how many round he got off it had to be.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Did I hear right this morning that he had a fully automatic rifle? Or was that just misinformation, or premature speculation?
      I've read this to. I'd be very surprised if it was true. It takes a lot of effort and money to get one.

Edit: there are accessories you can buy that will make semi-autos close to full auto, might be something like that.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He almost had to have, don't you think?

That many rounds, that quickly.

Of course misinformation is the norm with these things early on.

Comment

That's what they said this early AM, and I don't know too many people who could continually repeatedly pull a trigger as fast as the video clips that were being shown on NBC this AM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I heard the sound from a video. Whatever was used was on full automatic, be it a machine gun or an automatic rifle.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And as always... if our government wants us dead, and knows where we are, there's nothing your AR-15 is gonna do to protect you from the drone strike.

You won't even hear it coming.

Comment

There are clips online of the shooting as it happened. It is very clearly automatic from the audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  And as always... if our government wants us dead, and knows where we are, there's nothing your AR-15 is gonna do to protect you from the drone strike.

I will never understand why this is so difficult for certain people to grasp.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    As we've seen in Europe, there is only so much we can do. Life has to go on.
                    Please stop with the bad information. The US swamps Europe in mass murders in addition to general gun deaths. The US has 1/3 of the entire world's mass murders - and that includes lawless countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/health...ngs/index.html

- In the United States, people have a greater chance of dying in mass shootings if they're at work or at school. Overseas, these incidents typically happen near military installations.

- In more than half the American cases, the shooter had more than one firearm. In global incidents, the shooter typically had only one gun.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Assuming you're not looking for it. Not all that different from computer hacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        That's what I heard and based on how many round he got off it had to be.
                        That is what I was thinking as well. Which begs the question, where did he get it? Fully automatic rifles have been illegal for decades. Someone out there selling illegal guns should be shaking in his or her boots right now.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

He almost had to have, don't you think?

That many rounds, that quickly.

Of course misinformation is the norm with these things early on.
                          The gun or guns the guy used were almost certainly "automatic." I suspect we'll discover they are semi-automatic weapons, sold legally, but converted to "automatic" status using methods easily discovered in books or on Youtube, or by installing a device on the gun which makes it shoot like an automatic.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I will never understand why this is so difficult for certain people to grasp.
                            They'll never understand it, because these idiots fantasize about grabbing their AR and their "bug-out bag", smearing on some eye black, and "going Galt" against gubmint overreach.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              The gun or guns the guy used were almost certainly "automatic." I suspect we'll discover they are semi-automatic weapons, sold legally, but converted to "automatic" status using methods easily discovered in books or on Youtube, or by installing a device on the gun which makes it shoot like an automatic.
                              Exactly what I suspect.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That is what I was thinking as well. Which begs the question, where did he get it? Fully automatic rifles have been illegal for decades. Someone out there selling illegal guns should be shaking in his or her boots right now.
                                I'm sure it was a modified semi-auto. Law and Order had a pretty famous episode on that very topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X