X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Angry old white men who feel "persecuted", that's who. This won't be dubbed a premeditated terrorist attack though, the local sheriff has already started the "lone wolf" narrative.

It's easy to see why foreign tourism to the US is down. Between Trump's daily excretions, half of our citizens having the IQ of a potato chip, and the risk of getting shot by a madman with an overpowered rifle, why spend any vacation time here?
    Yeah, but then you had Spain who never really had anything happen have the mass killing by vehicle on one of their most touristy spots. My daughter had just been over there this summer on that street.

It's not safe anywhere.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Hey now, trading is based upon people's perception of how a company is going to do. They haven't "made" a penny off any real sales at all. If anything, it shows the left wing's predictability about calling for gun grabs after something like this happens, especially when it happened while Congress has been talking about properly enforcing the 2nd amendment.
      Yes, but "gun grabs"? I don't believe the left has put in any sort of legislation trying to take guns away from people. They've only been for slight restrictions regarding who can purchase, such as mental health, being on the terrorist watch list, etc. That was the whole freaking out thing, that Obama was "going to take everyone's guns", yet he certainly didn't go down that rout of taking guns. I'm sure you can find some of the far left talking about actually "grabbing guns", but from the bulk of the left and certainly from the politicians that isn't the case.
      Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
      bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Lest we forget drew trying to convince us that we should not take guns from the mentally ill- that would be bad.
        It's called a back door gun grab. If you put that into place, then all you do to grab everyone's guns is to expand the definition of "mentally ill". Just like how your ilk have declared anyone who doesn't believe what you believe to be a racist and/or a Nazi.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Lest we forget drew trying to convince us that we should not take guns from the mentally ill- that would be bad.
          Did the guy have any history of mental illness? From the stories I read it seemed he was pretty 'normal' up until the shooting.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
            Yes, but "gun grabs"? I don't believe the left has put in any sort of legislation trying to take guns away from people. They've only been for slight restrictions regarding who can purchase, such as mental health, being on the terrorist watch list, etc. That was the whole freaking out thing, that Obama was "going to take everyone's guns", yet he certainly didn't go down that rout of taking guns. I'm sure you can find some of the far left talking about actually "grabbing guns", but from the bulk of the left and certainly from the politicians that isn't the case.
            Come to NYS and see our (un)SAFE act. It might not be at the national level, but it fits your entire description of what you're trying to argue against.

Comment

[child workers die in a mine]

You: Maybe there should be a law against this

Me (shaking my head in disgust): You're politicizing a tragedy
              https://***********/internethippo/st...84443469934593

Also for a perspective on the number of fatalities/wounded: https://***********/20committee/status/914835924671975424

Comment

Perhaps you should read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Did the guy have any history of mental illness? From the stories I read it seemed he was pretty 'normal' up until the shooting.
                  that's why the "we don't need gun control, we need better mental heath treatment" argument is flawed. The only thing that will reduce mass shootings is a massive reduction in the number and types of weapons in circulation and a much more difficult procurement process. That has a 0% chance of happening in this country, so this is just a fact of life in America now. There is nothing we are willing to do about it.

Comment

It will eventually be against the law to have a gun in a decently populated area, because it's obvious. It will take time -- a couple centuries, say. It's 15th century Japan and everyone has to prance around with a sword, for various sociological and psychological reasons. That's not going to last forever. Hem lines change.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes, but it was deemed unenforceable. It was also a "gun free zone" where this happened.
                      I am sure we are mere hours away from you telling us this didnt happen. Gotta wait for youtube to say it though...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I see you're now putting words in my mouth. I didn't say it was a conspiracy. Just the fact of not ruling it out means you accuse me as such.
                        No, I'm accusing you of being a giant POS. Go play in traffic.

Comment

Come to NYS and see our (un)SAFE act. It might not be at the national level, but it fits your entire description of what you're trying to argue against.
                          Not familiar with that, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
                          Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                          bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

There's a place in Vegas called "Battlefield Vegas" that has every combat weapon known, ranging from '03 Springfields to modern gattling guns.

I'd be checking my inventory very carefully this AM if I were them.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I am sure we are mere hours away from you telling us this didnt happen. Gotta wait for youtube to say it though...
                              That's right. Sandy Hook never happened either. Whew. It was just a dream.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                It's called defending yourself. Something that crowd couldn't do because it was a "gun free zone".
                                Except people with guns arent defending themselves or others against crimes. So your argument doesnt hold much water.

300 million guns in the US. Less than 1% of crime is a gun used (by anyone) to defend against it.

Includes all those gun loving states that have seen more crime as they loosen gun restrictions.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X