This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    on my drive in this morning I head that the two big US gun maker's stocks were down on Friday and up sharply in pre-market trading this morning (one was up over 6% at the time, about 7:45 AM eastern). It's pretty ****ing sad that these mass shootings are money-makers for the gun manufacturers and retailers (and I bet NRA donations flood in after something like this).
    You can thank Bloomberg and his crowd for that.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      on my drive in this morning I head that the two big US gun maker's stocks were down on Friday and up sharply in pre-market trading this morning (one was up over 6% at the time, about 7:45 AM eastern). It's pretty ****ing sad that these mass shootings are money-makers for the gun manufacturers and retailers (and I bet NRA donations flood in after something like this).
      A mass shooting is a goldmine for the NRA. They immediately deploy "they're coming for your guns!" rhetoric through their media transmitters. The donations are Pavlovian. Just look at this thread.

Vegas was the 273rd shooting of 4 or more people in the United States in 2017. There has already been another since.
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-02-2017, 09:21 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Hey now, trading is based upon people's perception of how a company is going to do. They haven't "made" a penny off any real sales at all. If anything, it shows the left wing's predictability about calling for gun grabs after something like this happens, especially when it happened while Congress has been talking about properly enforcing the 2nd amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          We really need to get serious about mental illness in this country.
          When shall we start going after the pill pushers and drug companies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            A mass shooting is a goldmine for the NRA. They immediately deploy "they're coming for your guns!" rhetoric through their media transmitters. The donations are Pavlovian. Just look at this thread.

This is the 273rd shooting murder of 4 or more people in the United States in 2017.
            #FakeNews
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Who gets to 64 years of age on this planet and does something like this? It doesn't make any sense. If anything the older I get the more anonymous I want to be and the more I care about other people.
              Angry old white men who feel "persecuted", that's who. This won't be dubbed a premeditated terrorist attack though, the local sheriff has already started the "lone wolf" narrative.

It's easy to see why foreign tourism to the US is down. Between Trump's daily excretions, half of our citizens having the IQ of a potato chip, and the risk of getting shot by a madman with an overpowered rifle, why spend any vacation time here?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is the 273rd shooting murder of 4 or more people in the United States in 2017.
                You own the media transmitters, dumbass. And how about taking a look at alfablue's post. If that person's a right-wing nutjob, then I'm a supermodel. So quit provoking a civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Angry old white men who feel "persecuted", that's who.

It's easy to see why foreign tourism to the US is down. Between Trump's daily excretions, half of our citizens having the IQ of a potato chip, and the risk of getting shot by a madman with an overpowered rifle, why spend any vacation time here?
                  And you're still here why?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    When shall we start going after the pill pushers and drug companies?
                    After we get single payer healthcare and eliminate insurance companies.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

is gun hoarding a mental illness? how about the unfounded fear that "Obama is coming for my gunz!!" (will there be a rush on gun purchases now that Trump is in office? Who will be the boogeyman the NRA points to when they hold their hand out for donations?)

really, at this point NOTHING is going to stop the mass shootings. You'll never be able to catch all mentally ill people that might snap and do something like this, and in this country they will always have easy access to firearms. There will be no Australian-style mandatory guy-buyback, guys will always be easy for the mentally ill, criminals, or terrorists (christian white dudes or otherwise).
                      Last edited by BassAle; 10-02-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Days like this are when it's great to have Flaggy on ignore.

Comment

We need semiautomatic rifles for hunting.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Lest we forget drew trying to convince us that we should not take guns from the mentally ill- that would be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              We need semiautomatic rifles for hunting.
                              It's called defending yourself. Something that crowd couldn't do because it was a "gun free zone".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                It's called defending yourself. Something that crowd couldn't do because it was a "gun free zone".
                                yeah, what really would have helped is hundreds of people in the crowd opening fire and shooting at the hotel.

Comment

Working...
                                X