X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Don't apply "community" standards to individual actors.
    Actually I am usually the one saying things like this. You are right. I will sit for 2 minutes of sociological shame.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You're looking at the wrong crowd and assigning the wrong motives, assuming the news station isn't just pulling this out of their collective arses (which could go either way). When events such as Orlando occur, there are people who worry that it will be tougher to buy a gun going forward, adding to their existing collection, so they go out to purchase another one or twelve just in case. It's not people who are scared for their safety running out and purchasing mass amounts of guns, it's existing gun owners with a heavy streak of paranoia about possibly not being able to ever purchase another gun in the future. You know, the Col. FlaggDude sorts.
      Yeah, but the article makes it seem as though TEH GAYZ are now down with TEH GUNZ. That was what I was saying I'd guess, with absolutely no evidence, is a load of manure.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Yeah, but the article makes it seem as though TEH GAYZ are now down with TEH GUNZ. That was what I was saying I'd guess, with absolutely no evidence, is a load of manure.
        I'm too politically correct to say anything about guns and wrist strength, but I'm immature enough that it's difficult.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Nationwide membership of The Pink Pistols being up 2000 nationally may be a surge for that group, but it's hardly a giant increase in overall ownership. A country of ~330M people, between 2-10% are LGBT, depending upon whose numbers you use. That means we have between 6.6M-33M LGBT citizens out there, and Pink Pistols has a membership total of 3500. And increase of 2000 nationwide averages out to 40 new members per state, likely more concentrated in the southeastern US through to Arizona or Nevada.

The real surge in purchases occur by the group of people least likely to need them as they're not often found at the locations targeted by these shooters, save for their children who attend public schools.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Countries in visa-free travel program not sharing terror info
            http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...rror-info.html
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              I'm too civil to say anything about guns and wrist strength, but I'm immature enough that it's difficult.
              FTFY.

And can we stop referring to someone being polite as being politically correct?

Saying someone used a "poor behavior choice" instead of "being a brat" is political correctness.

Not using a slur or stereotype isn't being politically correct. It's simply being civil towards a fellow human being.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                That's right.

Being polite and being politically correct are two completely different things.

< smirks >
                < drops mic >
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  FTFY.

Saying someone used a "poor behavior choice" instead of "being a brat" is political correctness.

Not using a slur or stereotype isn't being politically correct. It's simply being civil towards a fellow human being.
                  Agree. Being civil, polite and nasty all in the same sentence is a skill that we have lost. There has to be a middle ground between namby-pamby PC and abominably rude and obnoxious. Civil/polite is a good description.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Agree. Being civil, polite and nasty all in the same sentence is a skill that we have lost. There has to be a middle ground between namby-pamby PC and abominably rude and obnoxious. Civil/polite is a good description.
                    Study Churchill bon mots.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Or Marx --- Groucho, that is.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        "If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."

"If you were my wife, I'd drink it."
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
                          Cornell University

Comment

"A modest man, with much to be modest about."

Comment

Or maybe they finally woke up to the fact that criminals don't follow laws, and they need a way to defend themselves. Oh, and I see you've already changed the narrative from Islamic terrorism to right-wing extremism. Drinking the MSM kool-aid much?

Comment

FARK! Reset the counter:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-in-viernheim/

EDIT: Gunman dead. Casualties??? May just be tear gas. Fingers are crossed.
                                Last edited by joecct; 06-23-2016, 10:19 AM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X