X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Link or GTFO. (Though I can well imagine.)

If some Christo-nut ever shoots up a mosque I fully expect 90% of Republicans and their entire Echo Chamber to believe it was a government hoax.
    The only thing worse than that article are the comments on it. Then, (and it's happening with friends of mine on Facebook) when you refute said "facts", the response is "do your research." These people make even Flaggy look sane.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

The Dems are filibustering (not the GOP??!!)

AMA is calling for lifting the ban on CDC doing the research.

teh D is going to 'discuss with NRA' changes to exclude people on the no fly list. (why he needs to discuss with them I am unclear but I can see Wesson stock heading into the stratosphere!)

There is sane, intelligent conversation about what can change instead of who is stupid on this thread.

WTefff? I think I felt the world lurch to a stop.

And I think the suggestions here are great. Wish we could see the people who could do something about them do it.

Comment

Ok, so I watched the O'Reilly appearance on Colbert. That was interesting. Lots of good points made by the both of them.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          If some Christo-nut ever shoots up a mosque I fully expect 90% of Republicans and their entire Echo Chamber to believe it was a government hoax.
          A Christofascist already shot-up Christian churches, and the word from Christian leaders was either mum, or "not a real Christian".

And yet, these are the same numbskulls that demand much higher standards from the Islamic community when one of their nutbars goes full retard...hmm, I smell a double standard.

Comment

I'm just going to state right here, I've never used a semi-automatic firearm for hunting, nor have I ever felt the need to use, or own one. I'm not saying that this is a reason for a blanket ban on semi-automatics, but I am saying, I think the argument that they are "necessary" or even "beneficial" in the field is dubious at best, until I hear of some examples. People hunted game just fine for centuries without semi-automatics.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I'm just going to state right here, I've never used a semi-automatic firearm for hunting, nor have I ever felt the need to use, or own one. I'm not saying that this is a reason for a blanket ban on semi-automatics, but I am saying, I think the argument that they are "necessary" or even "beneficial" in the field is dubious at best, until I hear of some examples. People hunted game just fine for centuries without semi-automatics.
              Most guns (educated guess here) are semi's. One pull of trigger = one bang. There are some bolt action out there (please correct me if I'm wrong), but most guns are semi's.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Most guns (educated guess here) are semi's. One pull of trigger = one bang. There are some bolt action out there (please correct me if I'm wrong), but most guns are semi's.
                You also have pump action (primarily shotguns, but there are some rifles with it). There are also lever action rifles.

I don't know the stats, too lazy to look them up, but I'd probably agree that semi-automatic is likely found more often than the other actions.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  You also have pump action (primarily shotguns, but there are some rifles with it). There are also lever action rifles.

I don't know the stats, too lazy to look them up, but I'd probably agree that semi-automatic is likely found more often than the other actions.
                  I figured pump-action is mostly shotguns, not gonna hold up in a mass-shooting. That's mostly a one-and-done. Either way, the railers against the ARs mostly have no idea how guns work. I don't know a lot, but I think I know enough to comment.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The first gun I ever shot was a semiautomatic rifle with a five or ten-round clip. It was up at scout camp.

I take that back. It may have been the second I've ever shot. The first was definitely a bolt.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      The first gun I ever shot was a semiautomatic rifle with a five or ten-round clip. It was up at scout camp.

I take that back. It may have been the second I've ever shot. The first was definitely a bolt.
                      I have shot a bolt action, a 30-odd-6, and a .357, all in Scouts. Haven't shot a gun since then. No need, no uber-desire (I loved to shoot, but not enough to go out and do that activity).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I figured pump-action is mostly shotguns
                        And, truthfully, you're absolutely right. The number of pump action is probably 90% or higher comparing shotguns and rifles with that feature.

I love, love, love my .308 pump rifle though. Beautiful rifle, and somewhat uncommon. Pretty heavy compared to other hunting rifles though.

My first true firearm that I shot as a kid, I'm virtually positive, was a bolt .22. Many chipmunks at camp were taken care of.
                        Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 06-15-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Pump action is the closest thing to semi-auto, that still isn't semi-auto. The tube "magazine" on a pump shotgun still only holds 4-5 shells at a time, and is difficult to quickly reload because it's not detachable. There are pump shotguns with detachable magazines, but they are rarer.

Again, never had a problem with a 2-3 round bolt action rifle, or my single-shot 20 gauge in the field. Maybe you Rambos trying to justify the need for more ammo need to work on your aim?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            You went duck/goose/birds hunting without a semi auto.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              And, truthfully, you're absolutely right. The number of pump action is probably 90% or higher comparing shotguns and rifles with that feature.

I love, love, love my .308 pump rifle though. Beautiful rifle, and somewhat uncommon. Pretty heavy compared to other hunting rifles though.

My first true firearm that I shot as a kid, I'm virtually positive, was a bolt .22. Many chipmunks at camp were taken care of.
                              Don't let PETA find out!!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Ok, so I watched the O'Reilly appearance on Colbert. That was interesting. Lots of good points made by the both of them.
                                Especially O'Reilly saying crimes committed with a gun become federal and it's a 10 year mandatory after the state sentence is served.

The laws in this country are waaaay to lax for illegal possession of a gun. Here in Massatuchetts it's one year in the county gym.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X