X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    People need guns for self defense and hunting, right? That's been said countless times in this thread. Both of those involve killing things.
    Hunting, yes. (That deer gets ****ed when you start making jerky out of it while it's grazing.)

However, any good firearms self-defense instructor will tell you the goal is the stop the attack against you. Stop.

That's why the Minnesota guy who stopped the attack (by home invading thieves in his house) was fine to the point that he stopped them; the minute he went to get another weapon to shoot them again it was murder.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Minnesota nice?
      http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...rry/383013891/

More articles on subjet:
      https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...onceal%20carry

I guess the station owner is happy with folks who are legally carrying firearms to frequent his station. He's tired of being a soft target.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        BREAKING–HOSTAGES BEING SHOT AND HELD RIGHT NOW!!!!!: Three Muslim Terrorists Hold Up Civilians at Walmart In Amarillo Texas

BLARED THE HEADLINE

No hostages shot.

3 Muslim Terrorists turned out to be one disgruntled worked.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Heck, Dan Rather reported Jim Brady died the day Reagan got shot. Hillary was under fire when she got off the helicopter in Baghdad. Millions believe an AR-15 is an assault rifle and that AR stands for "assault rifle."

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Actually regulation is the same as banning. All you have to do is make the "regulations" so specific that it is impossible to pass. And then when you get them to turn them in, you get Wounded Knee all over again.
          Sure thing Sitting Bull...

(the elipse indicates I left a word out...see if you can guess what it is Frauddy)
          Last edited by Handyman; 06-15-2016, 08:02 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Minnesota nice?
            http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...rry/383013891/

More articles on subjet:
            https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...onceal%20carry

I guess the station owner is happy with folks who are legally carrying firearms to frequent his station. He's tired of being a soft target.
            Good for him...guess what other people feel different.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Heck, Dan Rather reported Jim Brady died the day Reagan got shot. Hillary was under fire when she got off the helicopter in Baghdad. Millions believe an AR-15 is an assault rifle and that AR stands for "assault rifle."

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
              One of the best movie quotes evah from one of my favorite movies. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Actually regulation is the same as banning. All you have to do is make the "regulations" so specific that it is impossible to pass. And then when you get them to turn them in, you get Wounded Knee all over again.
                What makes the 2nd so much riskier to regulate than any other Amendment?

We have regulations of what defines a religion, we have regulations of what actually defines free speech, we have regulations on what the press can do. There are openings in the search window that is gaping large, the time of "speedy" is large- and we know not all court proceedings are public, there are a LOT of voting rules, etc.

For every amendment- there are checks and balances for every law written that has to do with each amendment, too.

I don't see how regulation of the 2nd is any different than regulation of all the rest. All of which are still in place, applicable, and laws concerning them are constantly being heard in court.

Otherwise, you need to do a better job about the rest of the Amendments to lift the regulations on them, equally. Which I haven't seen happening.

Comment

I never said "want," so don't ascribe to me your personal desires.
                  Go **** yourself.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Wow. I was going to say something more rational, but after reading the rest of your posts, congrats. You've managed to come off like a complete troll and frankly kind of a doosh.

I thought you were well above that.
                    I never thought he was above it. This standard operation for this particular poster. His opinion doesn't matter anymore, as far as I'm concerned.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

People need guns for self defense and hunting, right? That's been said countless times in this thread. Both of those involve killing things.

Target ranges are a means of practicing your ability to accurately and effectively shoot a gun should the need arise. That we have created contests out of such sessions doesn't negate the fact that they are still practice.

For farks sake, let's read the second amendment again. "A well regulated militia, being necessary..." We don't protect the right to bear arms because they're used for trap shooting or even hunting, that's ancillary. We protect that right because 200 years ago you might have been needed to organize and protect the homeland from an enemy, foreign or domestic.
                      Blah blah blah, more garbage spewed by one of the worst posters here. Your opinion doesn't matter.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Blah blah blah, more garbage spewed by one of the worst posters here. Your opinion doesn't matter.
                        Why is that "more garbage." It seems unofan is interpreting the 2nd Amendment in the context of its original intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Hunting, yes. (That deer gets ****ed when you start making jerky out of it while it's grazing.)

However, any good firearms self-defense instructor will tell you the goal is the stop the attack against you. Stop.

That's why the Minnesota guy who stopped the attack (by home invading thieves in his house) was fine to the point that he stopped them; the minute he went to get another weapon to shoot them again it was murder.
                          Yeah, but you don't aim unless you're willing to shoot what your aiming at, and once you pull that trigger there's a strong likelihood you will seriously injure or kill the target. You don't fire a warning shot because who knows what that stray bullet will hit.

This is like the circular argument the former FBI trainer used in her report in the shooting of the 12 year old kid in Cleveland. Cops aren't trained to shoot to kill. They're just trained to shoot to stop the threat, which only coincidentally happens to be by aiming for the chest where there is a strong likelihood of killing the target by hitting a major organ.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            For the record, I think unofan is one of the best posters here, despite the unfortunate Dartmouth birth defect.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Why is that "more garbage." It seems unofan is interpreting the 2nd Amendment in the context of its original intent.
                              Because nothing he has to say is worth reading.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                For the record, I think unofan is one of the best posters here, despite the unfortunate Dartmouth birth defect.
                                I wouldn't consider someone who accuses 1000's upon 1000's of law abiding citizens of practicing for killing people a high quality poster. Its trolling at best.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X