X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The gun's primary purpose is the task to which its owner puts it.
    The AR-15 was designed to be used by the military. That it's now sold to civilians doesn't change the fact that it was designed to be used in wars by soldiers.

And it's funny how trap shooting only comes up when people point out that guns are designed to kill. Every other time, people need them for self defense or hunting...
    Last edited by unofan; 06-14-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

One trigger pull = one bullet being fired. Hence, semi-automatic.

The AR-15 is just like many other rifles and handguns out there. But it's really scary-looking so BAN IT.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        One trigger pull = one bullet being fired. Hence, semi-automatic.

The AR-15 is just like many other rifles and handguns out there. But it's really scary-looking so BAN IT.
        So now we can't even talk about the gun that was used in the latest incident (and several of the others)? Why is that off limits?

edit: ok, they're saying it was something else now, but the point stands.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          The AR-16 was designed to be used by the military. That it's now sold to civilians doesn't change the fact that it was designed to be used in wars by soldiers.

And it's funny how trap shooting only comes up when people point out that guns are designed to kill. Every other time, people need them for self defense or hunting...
          I own a hunting knife based upon a military design. Does that mean it's really a misapplied tool should I take it hunting, the purpose for which my father purchased it?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So now we can't even talk about the gun that was used in the latest incident (and several of the others)? Why is that off limits?

edit: ok, they're saying it was something else now, but the point stands.
            I'm for making all the background checks/sales law more consistent (and adding mental health checks), but people tossing around "assault rifle" like the AR-15 is just redonkulous. It's just a different looking rifle than many others out there.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I own a hunting knife based upon a military design. Does that mean it's really a misapplied tool should I take it hunting, the purpose for which my father purchased it?
              Misapplied? no.

But it's akin to an off-label use of a drug. That people now take doses of low strength aspirin to prevent heart attacks doesn't negate the fact that its primary purpose is as a pain reliever.

Comment

I think that's just practice for the real thing.

That's like saying swinging a bat in a batting cage is completely different from swinging one in a real game.
                Wow. I was going to say something more rational, but after reading the rest of your posts, congrats. You've managed to come off like a complete troll and frankly kind of a doosh.

I thought you were well above that.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good to see that Flag and uno have finally both gone full troll in the same thread.

Comment

I never said "want," so don't ascribe to me your personal desires.
                    Actually, your post that started this path implied it. If shooting at a range is just "practice for the real thing" it implies those who are engaging in the practice are planning for the "real thing." If all these folks are heading out there merely to prepare for the "real thing," assuredly you imply this "real thing" is something they want, no?

Of course, you could simply be ignorant to wide swaths of people and places, but admitting that would take all the wind out of the ol' righteousness sails. And we just can't have that. But please, tell me more about people and places you know nothing about. I'm most excited to learn.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      And again...who outside of one poster in here is calling for the banning of guns? Seriously that straw man needs to die. Regulating gun use/ownership /= banning guns and you know it.
                      Actually regulation is the same as banning. All you have to do is make the "regulations" so specific that it is impossible to pass. And then when you get them to turn them in, you get Wounded Knee all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        THis is some kind of sick joke, right?
                        Murders happen every day. And yet, we don't get this response after each one. So why should this one be any different?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Wow. I was going to say something more rational, but after reading the rest of your posts, congrats. You've managed to come off like a complete troll and frankly kind of a doosh.

I thought you were well above that.
                          How long have you been here ?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            Actually, your post that started this path implied it. If shooting at a range is just "practice for the real thing" it implies those who are engaging in the practice are planning for the "real thing." If all these folks are heading out there merely to prepare for the "real thing," assuredly you imply this "real thing" is something they want, no?

Of course, you could simply be ignorant to wide swaths of people and places, but admitting that would take all the wind out of the ol' righteousness sails. And we just can't have that. But please, tell me more about people and places you know nothing about. I'm most excited to learn.
                            People need guns for self defense and hunting, right? That's been said countless times in this thread. Both of those involve killing things.

Target ranges are a means of practicing your ability to accurately and effectively shoot a gun should the need arise. That we have created contests out of such sessions doesn't negate the fact that they are still practice.

For farks sake, let's read the second amendment again. "A well regulated militia, being necessary..." We don't protect the right to bear arms because they're used for trap shooting or even hunting, that's ancillary. We protect that right because 200 years ago you might have been needed to organize and protect the homeland from an enemy, foreign or domestic.
                            Last edited by unofan; 06-15-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Oh look how no one wants to bring this one up... http://www.americanjournalreview.com...marillo-texas/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Oh look how no one wants to bring this one up... http://www.americanjournalreview.com...marillo-texas/

BREAKING–HOSTAGES BEING SHOT AND HELD RIGHT NOW!!!!!: Three Muslim Terrorists Hold Up Civilians at Walmart In Amarillo Texas

BLARED THE HEADLINE

No hostages shot.

3 Muslim Terrorists turned out to be one disgruntled worked.

A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X