X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Yeah.. if only the audience had been armed they could have... opened fire with their sidearms... at an elevated target... hundreds of yards away...

?

See now you're getting it. One of the 1st things I saw on Twitter this AM was some moron suggesting exactly that scenario as how the shooter could've been stopped quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      There is no way to know how many mass murders occur in "lawless" countries. Those countries won't spend the time or money to research or catalog their findings to report to other nations.
      Nor how many massacres are "legal", such as Kim Jong-Un executing political prisoners with AA machine guns until there's hardly anything left of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        The US having a third of all reported mass murders is absolutely staggering.
        As democracies go, aren't we #2 on the population list behind India? More people = greater chances.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The US having a third of all reported mass murders is absolutely staggering.
          I don't think it is though. Having done a lot of travel, I've still never come across a country who gets boners for guns like we do. And a lot of morons think the right to a gun is still the most important thing, way more than the right to healthcare or any other human need.

Comment

Yeah.. if only the audience had been armed they could have... opened fire with their sidearms... at an elevated target... hundreds of yards away...

?

Mandalay Bay hotel has 3,309 rooms. What could go wrong?
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
              Yeah but more guns makes us safer. C'mon, get with the program.
              Well it makes some people "feel" safer I suppose but that won't stop people who "want to see the world burn" whether that's due to religion, mental illness, being a nutcase white supremacist or any other ****ed up reason a person would inflict mass casualties.

I'm fine with the 2nd amendment if that means licensed rifles or shotguns for hunting or a handgun but anything beyond that is not required for either hunting or home safety/Charles Bronsonville and should be left where they belong, the military.

Of course people will find a way around assault weapons bans so...I have no answers I guess
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Mandalay Bay hotel has 3,309 rooms. What could go wrong?
                3,307. I'm guessing those two rooms are off the inventory for quite a while.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Exactly...it won't be good enough to have metal detectors solely at airports and government buildings, we now need them at schools, malls, hotels, concert venues of all sizes and any building overlooking any place where two or more people gather.

I'm sick beyond belief
                  mookie walks through one coming home, and going to work.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    As democracies go, aren't we #2 on the population list behind India? More people = greater chances.
                    mookie would rather the us leads in curry!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I don't think it is though. Having done a lot of travel, I've still never come across a country who gets boners for guns like we do. And a lot of morons think the right to a gun is still the most important thing, way more than the right to healthcare or any other human need.
                      A lot of it has to do with how we gained our independence and 400 years of history here. It didn't come easy to say the least.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

?

Hey it was at night and they may also have been intoxicated, that would make everything better...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          3,307. I'm guessing those two rooms are off the inventory for quite a while.
                          Why would anyone want to stay there at all? I think it would be pretty freaky.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Well it makes some people "feel" safer I suppose but that won't stop people who "want to see the world burn" whether that's due to religion, mental illness, being a nutcase white supremacist or any other ****ed up reason a person would inflict mass casualties.

I'm fine with the 2nd amendment if that means licensed rifles or shotguns for hunting or a handgun but anything beyond that is not required for either hunting or home safety/Charles Bronsonville and should be left where they belong, the military.

Of course people will find a way around assault weapons bans so...I have no answers I guess
                            There is an answer, and it comes when you take your focus away from the gun. Or the bullets. Or any implement for that matter.

We are in a very fragile state, as evidenced not only by the attacks of all sorts (whether gunfire, arson, wayward vehicles, etc.), but also by the environment even on the political threads here. When both sides choose to set their differences aside and promote peace in respecting our differences will there be an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The crossbow begs to differ.
                              Yeah if he would've used a crossbow the body count would be exactly the same .

Comment

Jeez, Nevada has probably the most lax gun laws in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_la...y_state#Nevada
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X