Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Wow people are just plain over-sensitive...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I will admit I laughed out loud. Obviously they have to reprimand them but Jesus if anybody had done that in my high school they'd be a living legend.

(If you want a special HS edition of "what is wrong with people?," several kids in the graduating class before mine were expelled for cutting the guy wires on a commercial radio transmission tower.)
      Oh it was funny...and I am all for gallows humor but an adult will pay for it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Wow...coming from you that is the most absurd thing ever posted in the history of this board.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Wow...coming from you that is the most absurd thing ever posted in the history of this board.
          Oh please, you knew that was coming from our resident neckbeard.

Lame troll. 4/10.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Oh please, you knew that was coming from our resident neckbeard.

Lame troll. 4/10.
            Doesnt make it any less absurd

(especially since he believes it!)
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You do realize that this is ostensibly on the same level as a banner reading "Sending the Kikes back to the kilns!" The Trail of Tears, while the term can be used in a humorous turn of phrase, was basically one more step in genocide.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                You do realize that this is ostensibly on the same level as a banner reading "Sending the Kikes back to the kilns!"
                White Hart Lane?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Oh it was funny...and I am all for gallows humor but an adult will pay for it.
                  The Cheerleading Coach's head has to roll. Obviously is she knew about it, but if she didn't then she's "lost institutional control"* to the extent that her little monsters were unafraid to do this.

* offer not available in all archdioceses

And now, a photo of Brittany S. Pierce.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 11-01-2016, 03:36 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm wondering if the kids really knew what it meant. They probably did. But with today's history classes, who knows?

That being said, the adults either did know about it (and should be fired), or didn't know about it (should have been more mindful, and therefore should be fired).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Everyone who has been to at least middle school knows about the trail of tears.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        You would hope so.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We learned about in sixth or seventh grade social studies. Who knows, maybe earlier.

Eta: might have been called American civics in seventh.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

We learned about in sixth or seventh grade social studies. Who knows, maybe earlier.

Eta: might have been called American civics in seventh.
                            Pretty sure I learned about it in either 7th or 8th grade (knew about it earlier than that, but that was when it was covered in school), in an American History class.

I think what Brent was trying to say, who knows what some schools are teaching these days, given some of the stories that come out about some areas bending history, and other subjects getting morphed to "teach to the test".
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I wouldn't say that. They likely had the information given to them in class, but that doesn't mean they remember anything about it. I went to school with some pretty dumb kids.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I wouldn't say that. They likely had the information given to them in class, but that doesn't mean they remember anything about it. I went to school with some pretty dumb kids.
                                So don't rag on the school, rag on the idiot kids.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X