Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Having just been in Mississippi I can tell you there is zero way anything like that would happen. The flag is everywhere...
    Good. As long as they self-identify we can steer clear of them.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Proving again that the wrong army won the Civil War.
      Maybe...but I also didnt see many Black People up in arms about it either. To them that is who they are...Mississippi.

The flag in and of itself is benign...it is the nimrods who use it as a symbol that are the problem.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Amazing how that stupid flag keeps boiling to the surface and yet morons over and over again defend it's existence.
        What's really amazing is how your ilk is attempting to exterminate it from history. Talk about censorship at its finest. I'm guessing the vindictive angle didn't quite work out?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Good. As long as they self-identify we can steer clear of them.
          I am not talking about just on rednecks trucks...it is on office buildings and in government buildings, libraries and signs. Hell the State Flag of Mississippi has the Confederate Flag within it.

Look we are liberals, my guess is you, Scooby and myself have no issue with the idea of destroying a flag as a symbol of protest. (since it is after all just a flag) We cant then turn around and talk about how a flag is inherently evil either because, again, it is just a flag.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Look we are liberals, my guess is you, Scooby and myself have no issue with the idea of destroying a flag as a symbol of protest. (since it is after all just a flag) We cant then turn around and talk about how a flag is inherently evil either because, again, it is just a flag.
            I thought double standards were the way of all authoritarian politicians...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              What's really amazing is how your ilk is attempting to exterminate it from history. Talk about censorship at its finest. I'm guessing the vindictive angle didn't quite work out?
              And it is you and your Rightie ilk that are trying to whitewash slavery and racism out of the History Books...which do you think is more of an issue Frauddy?
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And it is you and your Rightie ilk that are trying to whitewash slavery and racism out of the History Books...which do you think is more of an issue Frauddy?
                And yet you want to keep racism relevant? Isn't that the complete opposite goal of civil rights movements? Or is it really just vindictive bullying, just like the feminist movement?

Comment

And yet you want to keep racism relevant? Isn't that the complete opposite goal of civil rights movements? Or is it really just vindictive bullying, just like the feminist movement?
                  You want to try explaining whatever the hell you are talking about here because it made even less sense than your usual BS
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wow. Just wow. And I actually wondered why Trump. Not anymore.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Like I said.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You want to try explaining whatever the hell you are talking about here because it made even less sense than your usual BS
                        What I wrote was clear as day. The fact that you don't understand just goes to prove your mind has been clouded by the narrative of others. Try thinking for once. You'd be surprised as to what you come up with.

Comment

What I wrote was clear as day. The fact that you don't understand just goes to prove your mind has been clouded by the narrative of others. Try thinking for once. You'd be surprised as to what you come up with.
                          How am I trying to keep racism relevant? My lord your trolling is worse than your actual opinions
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Do you find the flag offensive? Or does it cause you harm?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Do you find the flag offensive? Or does it cause you harm?
                              No...I was the one defending it being flown.

And if I did...what's your point? Dont I have the right to be offended by it?

I still want to know how that is keeping racism relevant? You know what else keeps it relevant...RACISTS! Whitewashing it and pretending it doesnt exist (or that slavery wasnt in fact slavery like Texas tried to do) is a joke and the mere idea of it is disgusting on its face.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No...I was the one defending it being flown.

And if I did...what's your point? Dont I have the right to be offended by it?

I still want to know how that is keeping racism relevant? You know what else keeps it relevant...RACISTS! Whitewashing it and pretending it doesnt exist (or that slavery wasnt in fact slavery like Texas tried to do) is a joke and the mere idea of it is disgusting on its face.
                                Offended is nothing. I/you can be offended by a whole lot of things (flags, smoking in public, farts, paperwork, bad customer service, etc.). It's not the end of the world. Adjust/adapt.

If you are harmed, that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. But offended != harmed.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X