Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Good Lord...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Stupid, but couples can still go to Mississippi, Texas, or Arkansas and get married. Then LA loses the revenue from the wedding and other accoutrements.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        This is truly a horrible thing, and they have every right to be cautious and upset. However...

The Council on Islamic American Relations (CAIR) is demanding an investigation into the beating that took place and hope to see law enforcement get involved.
        What are they expecting law enforcement officers to do? Do they want the bus driver charged with a crime for not seeing what's happening? Do they want the other 7yo children arrested? That won't get far.

Also, they would do well to not live in the South, should the family decide to return, as a matter of their safety.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Stupid, but couples can still go to Mississippi, Texas, or Arkansas and get married. Then LA loses the revenue from the wedding and other accoutrements.
          Really? You think it's only a minor inconvenience to require someone going through cancer treatment to travel to another state to engage in a fundamental right? And the only harm is to the state's finances?

I wish I were shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Really? You think it's only a minor inconvenience to require someone going through cancer treatment to travel to another state to engage in a fundamental right? And the only harm is to the state's finances?

I wish I were shocked.
            They used to travel from all over the East Coast to Elkton, MD to get married.

And, they used to (maybe still do) travel from all over the country to Nevada to get divorced.

If people want it bad enough, they will figure out a way.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

They used to travel from all over the East Coast to Elkton, MD to get married.

And, they used to (maybe still do) travel from all over the country to Nevada to get divorced.

If people want it bad enough, they will figure out a way.
              Let's apply this to other rights, whether enumerated or otherwise:
              If people want to own a gun, they can travel to BFE, Wyoming.
              If people want to have kids, they can go to Utah.
              If people want to vote, they can go to California.

Yeah, that doesn't really work.

Comment

Let's apply this to other rights, whether enumerated or otherwise:
                If people want to own a gun, they can travel to BFE, Wyoming.
                If people want to have kids, they can go to Utah.
                If people want to vote, they can go to California.

Yeah, that doesn't really work.
                We were talking about marriage. Nice deflection.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We were talking about marriage. Nice deflection.
                  Marriage is a fundamental right. Decades of Supreme Court precedent say so.

Comment

Marriage is a fundamental right. Decades of Supreme Court precedent say so.
                    And people for years have gone out of their way to get into or out of it. But our current generation wants it all, their way, right now.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And people for years have gone out of their way to get into or out of it. But our current generation wants it all, their way, right now.
                      How selfish of us to demand access to our fundamental rights.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Way to live up to the stereotype of the generic Republican, Joe. You simultaneously hit the "old man yelling at meddling kids" and the "well to do dismissing the concerns of the poor and infirm" cards in two sentences.

Comment

Way to live up to the stereotype of the generic Republican, Joe. You simultaneously hit the "old man yelling at meddling kids" and the "well to do dismissing the concerns of the poor and infirm" cards in two sentences.
                          Good luck with your tropical wedding in Minnesota in December.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good luck with your tropical wedding in Minnesota in December.
                            I got legally married in a courthouse in Iowa on my lunch break. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              I got legally married in a courthouse in Iowa on my lunch break. So I'm not sure what your point is.
                              You romantic devil, you!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                You romantic devil, you!
                                I had health insurance, my wife (then fiance) didn't. Turns out we made the right call because she had to go to the ER a couple months later.

We did the full blown wedding the following summer, and did a honeymoon in Jamaica the following winter.

Point being, I didn't have to go to another state to get married.

Comment

Working...
                                X