Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Jesus ****.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/06...exas-town.html

I sure hope I don't read anything more awful than this for a helluva a long time.
    I dont care that they are kids...throw the book at them.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Raise the Price of Schizophrenia Drugs...

"Lannett increase the cost of fluphenazine, which treats certain symptoms of the mental disease, by 1,650 percent earlier this year, even though drug companies such as Valeant and Turing caused public outrage for their unexplainable price hike, according to Forbes."

“Sometimes you have no choice but to raise the price or discontinuing a product if you’re not going to make money on it,” Bedrosian told the Wall Street Journal last month.

The company defended its price hike by claiming it is consistent with industry norms.

“Before a patient purchases a prescription medication, drug distributors, wholesalers, insurance companies, and pharmacies impose markups that increase the price that the end consumers ultimately pays,” the company said in a statement."
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Raise the Price of Schizophrenia Drugs...

"Lannett increase the cost of fluphenazine, which treats certain symptoms of the mental disease, by 1,650 percent earlier this year, even though drug companies such as Valeant and Turing caused public outrage for their unexplainable price hike, according to Forbes."

“Sometimes you have no choice but to raise the price or discontinuing a product if you’re not going to make money on it,” Bedrosian told the Wall Street Journal last month.

The company defended its price hike by claiming it is consistent with industry norms.

“Before a patient purchases a prescription medication, drug distributors, wholesalers, insurance companies, and pharmacies impose markups that increase the price that the end consumers ultimately pays,” the company said in a statement."
        I posted the article that explains this in the PPACA thread I believe. It's called Value Based Pricing. Them saying they don't make money on it is BS. They want to maximize profits.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I posted the article that explains this in the PPACA thread I believe. It's called Value Based Pricing. Them saying they don't make money on it is BS. They want to maximize profits.
          My girlfriend's late brother was Schizophrenic...to say this makes me sick is an understatement.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"I was being sarcastic!"

I agree with the first Twatter response. You sir, are no Daily Show correspondent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              "I was being sarcastic!"

I agree with the first Twatter response. You sir, are no Daily Show correspondent.
              Righties aren't funny. Funny requires empathy.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's even worse than that.

You're going to see some class action lawsuits working there way through the system relating to insurance scams pulled by all the major players pertaining to drug purchases. The scam works this way.

You buy health insurance and you have a co-pay for when you go to fill a prescription. Let's say it's $10 or $20.

The pharmacy has a price they charge for the drug. It includes the cost to them, plus a fee.

Through companies, called Pharmacy Benefits Managers, the transaction is processed. The pharmacy is required by it's contracts to collect the entirety of the co-pay from the customer. The difference between the cost of the drug and the co-pay is then paid by the health insurer to the pharmacy.

Except, in a great many transactions the charge by the pharmacy is less than the co-pay. Customers don't realize it. After all, a bottle of pills certainly doesn't cost less than $10 or $20 does it?

The difference, referred to by various terms, including "clawback", is just kept by the health insurer, the Pharmacy Benefits Manager, or split between them. Keep in mind that most of the major Pharmacy Benefits Managers are owned by the insurance companies themselves.

Probably amounts to billions of dollars, and the outcome of these lawsuits, which are just gearing up, will be interesting to see.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

SJHovey, I've filled prescriptions for less than my copay in the past. I'm not sure that situation is quite as universal as you think, but I wouldn't doubt that it exists for recurring prescriptions - blood pressure meds, and the like.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    SJHovey, I've filled prescriptions for less than my copay in the past. I'm not sure that situation is quite as universal as you think, but I wouldn't doubt that it exists for recurring prescriptions - blood pressure meds, and the like.
                    I think it was a New Orleans TV station that first started digging into the story.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/333374...al-waste-probe
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I've paid less than deductible a couple of times recently. I'd say that when it happens, it's mostly "old" drugs that are off patent, and are easy to produce by the generic pharmas.

One of the occurrences was with Prednisone, which I found it was especially annoying because it came out to something like $3.21. Didn't want to charge an amount that small, and ended up with four pennies in my pocket.

The other incident I found ironic, because it was Oxycodone. Not only is it cheap, but it has a really high street value. No wonder the opioid resale market is so thriving.

But I agree, it would be an attractive scam. Paying less than your copay usually comes as a surprise.

Comment

Who in the hell picks Iran for their championships?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/sp...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Nazi Paikidze-Barnes, a United States women’s chess champion, has said that she will boycott next year’s world championship in Iran because religious law would require her to wear a hijab.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Who in the hell picks Iran for their championships?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/sp...smtyp=cur&_r=0
                          Who picked Qatar for the World Cup?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Who picked Qatar for the World Cup?
                            I would probably be ok going to Qatar. If you're an American and you travel to Iran you're risking your freedom and your life.

Comment

Who the hell names their kid Nazi?
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Who the hell names their kid Nazi?
                                Russian-born Georgian-American

Comment

Working...
                                X