Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's not the trivia of faith but the extremity of faith that is the monster.
    Extremism of any beliefs can turn monstrous.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Extremism of any beliefs can turn monstrous.
      I agree. Violently, of course.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm sure the Body Count for the two major evangelical faiths is either even or the Christians have the lead because they had a 600 year head start and they got to flintlock rifles first.

Watching Muslim crazies now is a window onto what Christian crazies were like 500 years ago.

It's not the trivia of faith but the extremity of faith that is the monster.
        Evidently you haven't heard the phrase "You want it? You got it, and everything that goes with it." Not surprising, as pinko commies think their demands won't have any long-term side effects, which is absolutely 100% false. If you want to bring these loons in, you risk bringing in the "fanatics".

However, seeing how you still have an obsession over Christians as if it were the Spanish Inquisition, fetch... the comfy chair.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If you want to bring these loons in, you risk bringing in the "fanatics".
          I keep warning people this about Southerners...
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I keep warning people this about Southerners...
            Frickin' Iowans.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Frickin' Iowans.
              The correct term is Iowegians.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                The correct term is Iowegians.
                I think the preferred nomenclature is "Pig-farkers"
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

He doesn't have a point at all.

The fight is against religious fanatics, and the ignorant mindset that equates all believers of THE OTHER EVIL FAITH with fanatics. These aren't normal Muslims any more than normal Christians are the WBC.
                  That isnt as true as you make it out to be. The % of nutjob Muslims >>>>>>>> % of nutjob Christians. It isnt a majority but it is closer than many on the Left pretend it to be. The moderates in the Muslim faith have not made much headway in this matter either.

We need to stop making false equivalencies. Muslim Fanaticism /= Christian Fanaticism in the modern day. The Muslim World lives in the 1600s. It is time we treated them as the Dark Agers that they are.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    That isnt as true as you make it out to be. The % of nutjob Muslims >>>>>>>> % of nutjob Christians. It isnt a majority but it is closer than many on the Left pretend it to be. The moderates in the Muslim faith have not made much headway in this matter either.

We need to stop making false equivalencies. Muslim Fanaticism /= Christian Fanaticism in the modern day. The Muslim World lives in the 1600s. It is time we treated them as the Dark Agers that they are.
                    Every now and then Handy surprises me by posting something I agree with...

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Every now and then Handy surprises me by posting something I agree with...
                      Scary isn't it. (He dang near went on a Trumpish rant there.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I wonder if anyone has been able to figure out at all what the biological driver is for them wanting to live in the 1600's? I don't remember my history that well but I do seem to remember that part of the world being ahead of the science curve at one time. It's like they just stopped evolving.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I wonder if anyone has been able to figure out at all what the biological driver is for them wanting to live in the 1600's? I don't remember my history that well but I do seem to remember that part of the world being ahead of the science curve at one time. It's like they just stopped evolving.
                          They were doing very well until a few things happened. The radical clerics started gaining a foothold through much of the region, and European imperialism carved up the nation in "unnatural" boundaries, placing warring clans and religious factions within the same region. This is part of what caused Iraq to be so volatile even before Saddam or the US got involved back in the '80s, with the Shiites and the Kurds (and that third group whose name escapes at the moment) being forced to play in each others' sandboxes.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

They were doing very well until a few things happened. The radical clerics started gaining a foothold through much of the region, and European imperialism carved up the nation in "unnatural" boundaries, placing warring clans and religious factions within the same region. This is part of what caused Iraq to be so volatile even before Saddam or the US got involved back in the '80s, with the Shiites and the Kurds (and that third group whose name escapes at the moment) being forced to play in each others' sandboxes.
                            Sunni would be number 3.

Still, you would think the main driver of any civilization would be civilization. They seem to defy the definition of the term.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Sunni would be number 3.

Still, you would think the main driver of any civilization would be civilization. They seem to defy the definition of the term.
                              Well, when the nutters gain power and control the militaries or militias, then the common folk are going to fall in line as a matter of self preservation.

Comment

Well, when the nutters gain power and control the militaries or militias, then the common folk are going to fall in line as a matter of self preservation.
                                True. But then logic would say that freeing the common folk from the nutters would effect change. Which we thought we did in Iraq. Instead it backfired. Maybe the whole population has Stockholm syndrome and can't be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X