Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So don't rag on the school, rag on the idiot kids.
    I never was ragging on the school. I was the person saying that a teacher shouldn't necessarily lose their job because the kids may have pulled the ol' switcheroo on him/her.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I never was ragging on the school. I was the person saying that a teacher shouldn't necessarily lose their job because the kids may have pulled the ol' switcheroo on him/her.
      Sorry, that wasn't directed at you
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nice planet.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          White Hart Lane?
          You're quick on the uptake for an Arsenal supporter...
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            You're quick on the uptake for an Arsenal supporter...
            I told you. My fatal flaw is I like Spurs, too. Speaking of which: first leg of the derby is this Sunday 0700 ET.

But then again as an Islander fan I kinda like the Rangers, and in the NCAAs I have been known to root for Harvard.

I'm really bad* at this "hate your rival" thing.

* Exception: f-ck the University of Spoiled Children.
            Last edited by Kepler; 11-02-2016, 01:54 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

* Exception: f-ck the University of Spoiled Children.
              There's two USC's. One is in the South. The other is in la-la Land. Which one?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The one without cocks.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  One is an average SEC pubbie, the other is an overrated Pac-12 private school for rich kids who didn't make the cut at Duke or Stanford.

Comment

Another knockout game victim. http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/brutal-...to-mans-death/

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/charge-sh...oom/399865541/

I wonder what slap on the wrist this ******** is going to get?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I have no idea where to put this.

So I have a question. My roommate told me that one of our mutual friends was getting tested to see if he was a match for a donor liver for kind of distant friend that he doesn't really hang out with anymore. Let's call the donor guy Rick.

Rick's wife gave birth to a baby boy around 8-10 months ago. She went through an awful ordeal with infections and a whole bunch of scary complications. Rick doesn't know this guy too well. Not that any of us know. But he was still willing to go through the testing and possibly donate part of his liver.

I said that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. "He's got a family now. A wife and a kid who still hadn't turned 1. What on earth is he thinking? And what does his wife have to say about this? How can she be ok with this?"

My roommate said that he's just a nice guy. I said, no way. He's a moron. You are putting your life at risk when you have a family to protect. I told my roommate that the line that separates nice and idiotic is both narrow and wide depending on where you cross it. Rick is crossing it at possibly its widest point.

I continued to say that it would be 'nice' of me to donate. He's being dumb. I wouldn't donate part of my liver unless one of my close friends was in dire straits. I said I would absolutely donate to my brother and probably his wife since I don't have any family and they will. She seemed upset that I wouldn't be willing to donate unless it was family or one of my closest friends.

Do I belong in this thread or "genuinely nice planet"?
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What's the risk of the donor? If it's low, he's a saint. If it's high, he's a saint AND a moron. Go from there.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's your liver. There are all sorts of potential ways to bleed out. Plus there are the potential complications with general anesthesia.

Parents, would you have done this with an infant?
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It's your liver. There are all sorts of potential ways to bleed out. Plus there are the potential complications with general anesthesia.

Parents, would you have done this with an infant?
                              I dunno if I would. Depends on risk. Honestly.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So, if all goes right, the liver will grow back to its former size after doctors remove the right side of your liver for donation. Of course there are risks associated with having any surgery, and those specific to this surgery. I would likely do it for family, so long as the person isn't a total jerk. With that said, to put yourself through such an ordeal for someone you don't know very well must be some sort of lunacy. It doesn't matter how nice you are, if you're putting your life at risk just to be a "nice guy," you're either trying to truly impress someone else or holding great doubt about yourself and you're trying to purge it.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X