This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This is utter and COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.startribune.com/jailed-96...ult/397552911/
    Sorry Handy - there's a whole bunch of rights violated. Where was the arraignment? The right to counsel?

This smacks of a Star Chamber. An an appeals court should restore her right to sue.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      This is utter and COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.startribune.com/jailed-96...ult/397552911/
      That has to end up in an appeals court. It screams like a case that should be taken up by the ACLU.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Sorry Handy - there's a whole bunch of rights violated. Where was the arraignment? The right to counsel?

This smacks of a Star Chamber. An an appeals court should restore her right to sue.
        Why apologize to me...are you a Scalia Fan-boy?

(BTW even money Scalia would agree with the courts ruling)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nice Planet

That lady in Mississippi or whatever served a longer sentence for a traffic stop than this guy will for raping his 12 year old daughter.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Nice Planet

That lady in Mississippi or whatever served a longer sentence for a traffic stop than this guy will for raping his 12 year old daughter.
            You know, I'm coming around on the idea of physically castrating these people. I know it wouldn't be legal punishment, but there are times when I wish it were. Giving a guy 5 years and a castration would probably be more prohibiting to a lot of these guys than the idea of 25 years in jail, like the prosecution wanted. Or just turn them into eunuchs. That might work too.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Eight states allow chemical or surgical castration of sex offenders. They are: California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin.

(taken from Google)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Eight states allow chemical or surgical castration of sex offenders. They are: California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin.

(taken from Google)
                Does that work? I don't want to assume it does. If it does, fantastic.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

(taken from Google)
                  That makes me wonder wow that decision is made as to whether it's chemical of surgical. Something tells me that it would be more emasculating if it were surgical and they take the sac along with the marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Does that work? I don't want to assume it does. If it does, fantastic.
                    No, it's not improved recidivism rates, from what I've heard. The whole reason I would like to see it happen is pure vindictiveness. Rape is about control more so than the sexual act itself, but I still want to make these guys "less of a man" than they already are.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      No, it's not improved recidivism rates, from what I've heard. The whole reason I would like to see it happen is pure vindictiveness. Rape is about control more so than the sexual act itself, but I still want to make these guys "less of a man" than they already are.
                      Aaah, I see. I don't disagree but if it doesn't work than the only thing we can do is lock these people up.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Actually, I am just as angry with the mother. She was the one advocating he get a lighter sentence because "he has sons who need their father" and he "made a terrible mistake". Apparently the daughter matters less to her than the sons do...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Actually, I am just as angry with the mother. She was the one advocating he get a lighter sentence because "he has sons who need their father" and he "made a terrible mistake". Apparently the daughter matters less to her than the sons do...
                          That had me going at first too, but I started thinking that if the father has done such heinous acts to his daughter, then there's a good chance that he's already broken his wife in some way, too. (And all of that could very well be a false assumption on my part.) The grandmother, though, she's the one with whom I'm most upset between the pair as she was also pleading for a lighter sentence.

Comment

(taken from Google)
                            That's an odd mix of states.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Take out CA, and they look pretty similar to me. Oregon outside of Portland, Eugene, and Bend is basically Texas with better scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Take out CA, and they look pretty similar to me. Oregon outside of Portland, Eugene, and Bend is basically Texas with better scenery.
                                Sure, but the Portland, Eugene and Bend metropolitan areas are about 2.5 to 3 million out of a total of 4 million residents. You can't blame strange laws on the Texas-like desert areas of Oregon if no voters live there.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X