Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So we're going to assign responsibility to the school for each action of an individual student? Good to know. Going to keep that in mind.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      So we're going to assign responsibility to the school for each action of an individual student? Good to know. Going to keep that in mind.
      To be fair It Isnt The First Time Kids Did Something Racially Unseemly though sadly I am guessing it is like that everywhere so UND is hardly alone.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

what a nice dad
        http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/plea...t-by-the-hair/
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Come again?

http://www.startribune.com/und-inves...urs/394585851/
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Why else do you think corporations are constantly sued?

Comment

Buy the new iPhone 7 and we'll throw in a free dose of brain cancer! http://www.revolutions2040.com/apple...ht-next-brain/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Buy the new iPhone 7 and we'll throw in a free dose of brain cancer! http://www.revolutions2040.com/apple...ht-next-brain/
                  So Bluetooth causes cancer now, does it? Amazing how this news comes out with the Apple release auto-mating earphones when Bluetooth headsets have existed for years now.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Is "Cancer" Latin for "unoriginal hipster ******" cause if so then the article is exactly right! I mean I guess it is also right if it was Greek for "Made By Chinese Slave Labor" or "Created By Super ******* in a Turtle Neck" as well
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Just tell us whatever headphones you've been using, flaggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        So Bluetooth causes cancer now, does it? Amazing how this news comes out with the Apple release auto-mating earphones when Bluetooth headsets have existed for years now.
                        I think the issue with these is signal goes to right ear piece and then to left ear piece from right piece not to both from iPhone. So signal goes thru head. Maybe it does anyway????

Maybe the article was written by someone pi ssed it doesn't have regular wired headphones
                        Last edited by walrus; 09-25-2016, 06:56 AM.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I think the issue with these is signal goes to right ear piece and then to left ear piece from right piece not to both from iPhone. So signal goes thru head. Maybe it does anyway????

Maybe the article was written by someone pi ssed it doesn't have regular wired headphones
                          The radiation is already going through our heads. It's there, someone's just freaking out because they're scared and/or want to just get some extra page clicks.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The radiation is already going through our heads. It's there, someone's just freaking out because they're scared and/or want to just get some extra page clicks.
                            Is there a medical consensus that this is harmless / harmful? What are the factors that make certain types of radiation harmful? I realize this may be a stupid question, but are devices rated for the harmfulness of their radiation?

My I'm sure completely misinformed layman's understanding of the harm of radiation is that being bombarded by particles damages tissue either by direct collisions causing atoms to ionize, or by introducing energy and raising the temperature and hence the particular pressure in a given cubic area. Harmfulness would then seem to be a function of the duration and intensity of the radiation, and/or maybe the mass of the particles in the bombardment and hence their momentum. I think of radiation as pouring streams of vehicles onto an already busy highway, where all vehicles must always maintain the same speed.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Flag's community just wants to him to buy more "nascent iodine", in the same way that Apple wants stupid Macholes to pay $150 for a redundant, proprietary accessory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Is there a medical consensus that this is harmless / harmful? What are the factors that make certain types of radiation harmful? I realize this may be a stupid question, but are devices rated for the harmfulness of their radiation?

My I'm sure completely misinformed layman's understanding of the harm of radiation is that being bombarded by particles damages tissue either by direct collisions causing atoms to ionize, or by introducing energy and raising the temperature and hence the particular pressure in a given cubic area. Harmfulness would then seem to be a function of the duration and intensity of the radiation, and/or maybe the mass of the particles in the bombardment and hence their momentum. I think of radiation as pouring streams of vehicles onto an already busy highway, where all vehicles must always maintain the same speed.
                                I won't pretend to know the details, but I do have trust that over the past 20 years, while Bluetooth has been commonly used in Europe, their various governments would have studied and released cautions against use rather than encouraging it by use of payment systems to which we've only been introduced these past two or three years. The signals have been in our pockets, in our bags, or on our desks during the day, and on our nightstands next to our heads while we've slept. We would have heard warnings from credible sources by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X