Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Oh, please.

jpf: {right wing talking point}
    all: Actually, that's just an empty cliche with no empirical evid--"
    jpf: STOP DODGING THE QUESTION!!!111!

Nobody dodges questions here for long -- other posters jump in and hold them to it. What does happen is Freep rhetorical tricks are sussed out and punished, leaving OP with butthurt and no way to backtrack but to wail "you're not playing my game exactly the way I wanted you too." That's the perils of venturing outside your bubble.

If you have substantive things to say, say them. Don't try your gradeschool conservapedia sh-t here -- too many informed people in the audience will pwn you.
    Kep, the dude at Faux News has been accused of something that has yet to be proven or any sort of evidence shown to be true, except a former employee saying he did something. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. Scoobs post said flat out that the guy is guilty. As he often does, prematurely, in news stories such as this. Based on those numerous examples, I threw out a half-*** attempt at calling him out on it. Instead of responding to it, he tried to change the subject, throwing out a tired sarcastic cliche so often used by you, him, and your ilk. Doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing, actually. You care to jump in and defend Scoobs' post? Hold him to it? How exactly wasn't he dodging the question. Enlighten me.

Aside from the fact that he called me a conservative, which is laughably inaccurate. But I digress...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
      Kep, the dude at Faux News has been accused of something that has yet to be proven or any sort of evidence shown to be true, except a former employee saying he did something. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. Scoobs post said flat out that the guy is guilty. As he often does, prematurely, in news stories such as this. Based on those numerous examples, I threw out a half-*** attempt at calling him out on it. Instead of responding to it, he tried to change the subject, throwing out a tired sarcastic cliche so often used by you, him, and your ilk. Doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing, actually. You care to jump in and defend Scoobs' post? Hold him to it? How exactly wasn't he dodging the question. Enlighten me.

Aside from the fact that he called me a conservative, which is laughably inaccurate. But I digress...
      Roger Ailes has already been found guilty. Not much of a leap to assume since he was running the place that the entire organization is the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah.

But, I digress.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I think it matters the degree of difference. If a woman comes to work dressed in something super tight and shows some cleavage she cant complain if someone stares or maybe says "she has a nice rack". You wear that stuff to get noticed...anything beyond that is a bridge too far.
        And they catch you looking, get all pizzed, and then start ******ing at you and calling you a pervert. Don't want the looks, cover it up.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Roger Ailes has already been found guilty. Not much of a leap to assume since he was running the place that the entire organization is the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah.

But, I digress.
          And yet you just got on another poster's case for extrapolating.

At some point, I'm just going to have to accept that you are the absolute worst kind of hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            That statement is false, offensive, and pitiful. Are you under supervision?
            He has no attractive social qualities, so he makes up for it by being a Meninazi. You know, the kind of nut who follows "Red Pill" on Reddit and blames all women for being shrill, super-feminist, man-hating lesbians, as the reason for his lack of nookie.

These are the guys who read inflated works of fiction like "The Game" that teach anti-social young men that women are sheep to be manipulated, and view it as their Bible on the subject of all things female. They never think to observe their own behaviors and realize they are the problem.

Comment

And yet you just got on another poster's case for extrapolating.

At some point, I'm just going to have to accept that you are the absolute worst kind of hypocrite.
              Cause I reposted information on Scott Brown and my opinion is he's guilty? Sorry, but we all make decisions like that every day. You don't like get off the Internet. You evidently have some sort of man crush for Scott Brown. Speaking of Scott Brown, my hypocrisy here FAILS in comparison to his life which in it's entire is not only hypocritical but a sham.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                And they catch you looking, get all pizzed, and then start ******ing at you and calling you a pervert. Don't want the looks, cover it up.

Yes, it's totally the woman's fault that you're staring at her. Heaven forbid she wants to wear something comfortable.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Cause I reposted information on Scott Brown and my opinion is he's guilty? Sorry, but we all make decisions like that every day. You don't like get off the Internet. You evidently have some sort of man crush for Scott Brown. Speaking of Scott Brown, my hypocrisy here FAILS in comparison to his life which in it's entire is not only hypocritical but a sham.
                  Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem. So you've at least put that foot forward. Although minimizing and deflecting still seem to be issues to work on...

Comment

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem. So you've at least put that foot forward. Although minimizing and deflecting still seem to be issues to work on...

Comment

I had no idea about the Scoob situation (and I'm still pretty confused about it after reading your post).

I just didn't buy your call-out and I offered my opinion on it. That's what happens when you shiv somebody en passant. (I haven't forgotten about you, Nate!)

I'm genuinely curious what you would call yourself if not "conservative." That's my general impression of your posts, though I could easily be mixing you up with others.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I know many (including some women) feel this way, but in my opinion it is wrongheaded. Women can dress as sexually as they want and still retain the right to not being come on to at work. Especially in a business where your job is to appear in front of the camera, and part of what everybody is selling is your looks.

You being attracted to a woman is not a license to mess with them. We understand this in some way because we revile Islamic culture that makes women dress head to toe in a bag so they don't slyly get our masculine juices flowing. The argument about women losing sympathy in a harassment situation because they are wearing "slutty" clothes is just that kind of thinking with different boundaries.

Even if a woman came to work stark naked you wouldn't have the "right" to pinch her butt.

This is just something that older guys have to get over. The world's changed and that stuff has been thrown on the ash heap of history.
                        Even if I were to agree that an opinion (especially mine) can be "wrongheaded", I'm going to disagree with you to an extent.

Recall that the legal definition of sexual harassment entails unwelcome advances or conduct of a sexual nature. Traditionally I think the EEOC has looked to see whether the alleged victim has "invited or incited" the advance.

Again, do I think Carlson sent some message that she wanted to sleep with Ailes? Probably not. But my whole point, which Handy correctly deduced, is that I don't have a lot of sympathy for eye candy when someone ultimately decides they want to take a piece. But, as noted, it's just one man's opinion.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Even if I were to agree that an opinion (especially mine) can be "wrongheaded", I'm going to disagree with you to an extent.

Recall that the legal definition of sexual harassment entails unwelcome advances or conduct of a sexual nature. Traditionally I think the EEOC has looked to see whether the alleged victim has "invited or incited" the advance.

Again, do I think Carlson sent some message that she wanted to sleep with Ailes? Probably not. But my whole point, which Handy correctly deduced, is that I don't have a lot of sympathy for eye candy when someone ultimately decides they want to take a piece. But, as noted, it's just one man's opinion.
                          Well, I used "wrongheaded" instead of "wrong" to try to capture that difference -- wrongheaded seems to me to be "a logical conclusion derived from axioms which are wrong."

But I think we've gotten to the core of our difference. You equate wearing alluring clothes with welcoming or inciting sexual advances. I don't at all. Is a married woman who wears alluring clothes to work inviting adultery? Or does she maybe like looking that way and wearing those clothes? Even with a single girl, maybe she's after a particular guy. Is that guy you? Very, very unlikely. (And the guys who get nailed for sexual harassment are invariably guys who look, sound and act like Roger Ailes.) So hands off, eyes front, dude.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, I used "wrongheaded" instead of "wrong" to try to capture that difference -- wrongheaded seems to me to be "a logical conclusion derived from axioms which are wrong."

But I think we've gotten to the core of our difference. You equate wearing alluring clothes with welcoming or inciting sexual advances. I don't at all. Is a married woman who wears alluring clothes to work inviting adultery? Or does she maybe like looking that way and wearing those clothes? Even with a single girl, maybe she's after a particular guy. Is that guy you? Very, very unlikely. (And the guys who get nailed for sexual harassment are invariably guys who look, sound and act like Roger Ailes.) So hands off, eyes front, dude.
                            To be clear, I don't make that equation, but I'll leave it at that. I've hijacked this thread enough.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

But, I digress.
                              And if he's found not guilty in the courts, you'll say he got away with it, right? Happens all the time when a man belittles a woman, whether it's harassment, saying something and it's taken out of context, accusations of abuse, whatever the case may be.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                And if he's found not guilty in the courts, you'll say he got away with it, right? Happens all the time when a man belittles a woman, whether it's harassment, saying something and it's taken out of context, accusations of abuse, whatever the case may be.
                                ***. This from the same ****ing nation that won't throw rapists in jail because they need the college experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X