Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
    Remember kids, if you lean to the right, you are guilty until proven innocent.
    And you have never judged someone prematurely ever...

(dont bother lying we all do it)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      And then if you're proved innocent, you're still guilty and just got away with it.
      Shouldnt you be in a Wal-Mart prison somewhere...I know we were all excited for you to be round up and forced into the FEMA camps Frauddy
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Liberal Massachusetts has a boys-will-be-boys attitude towards high school sexual assault. 18yo kid gets two years of probation so he doesn't miss out on that important college experience... so he can experience raping women in OH instead?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Liberal Massachusetts has a boys-will-be-boys attitude towards high school sexual assault. 18yo kid gets two years of probation so he doesn't miss out on that important college experience... so he can experience raping women in OH instead?
          I bet he rolled a high Charisma score. If he had rolled a 8 or under he'd be locked up.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I bet he rolled a high Charisma score. If he had rolled a 8 or under he'd be locked up.
            Nah, he's an athlete and the people he raped were only females. Society needs to protect the really important values.

Also.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He's one of those nuts who goes like this:

"I hand my attorney my pocket Necronomicon, instruct him to begin reading aloud starting on page 666 until I say stop, then attempt to ping a quarter off the prosecutor's head."

*natural 20*

*DM begins twitching*

*DM sighs heavily, then picks up entire stack of notebooks, slowly walks away with his head hung low, and neatly deposits them in the trash*
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                So, "journalists" who have literally traded on their T & A value at every turn to advance their careers are now surprised when they find out someone is actually interested in it?

My view is that if these women have "it" and want to flaunt it to get some place a more "plain" individual will never see, by all means. It's your body, and your reputation. But don't whine to me when you are then treated as a sex object.
                "No means yes if you wear that dress you're gonna get if you turn him on".
                -Tina and the B-Sides

How many beers in was that comment? (Think carefully I'm giving you an out)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Yuck...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    And then if you're proved innocent, you're still guilty and just got away with it.
                    Sounds like the right-wing view of Clinton conspiracy theories!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      So, "journalists" who have literally traded on their T & A value at every turn to advance their careers are now surprised when they find out someone is actually interested in it?

My view is that if these women have "it" and want to flaunt it to get some place a more "plain" individual will never see, by all means. It's your body, and your reputation. But don't whine to me when you are then treated as a sex object.
                      Going for the "they were asking for it" defense?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Going for the "they were asking for it" defense?
                        Sexual harassment/discrimination in the work place is real, it is pernicious, and it should be dealt with swiftly and severely. You are talking to a guy whose wife works, and who has three single daughters, in their twenties and working full time.

But let me try this another way. Assume two different places of work. In each case a young woman is hired by the HR person, and starts her job. Two weeks in she is called into the office of the owner of the business. She's asked to stand up and twirl, to let him get a good look at her "assets." She is also told, in no uncertain terms, that her opportunities for advancement and and to make money hinge at least in part on her willingness to grant him sexual favors.

In the first place of work the woman was hired as an accountant for a local manufacturing company. In the second she was hired as a stripper at the Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas.

Are both examples of illegal, quid pro quo sexual harassment/discrimination. Sure. But pardon me if I can't get all worked up with sympathy for the second.

The Roger Ailes case is just a slight twist on Hugh Hefner hitting on his centerfolds. You think making these Fox women poster children for the ills of sexual harassment helps the cause??
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sexual harassment/discrimination in the work place is real, it is pernicious, and it should be dealt with swiftly and severely. You are talking to a guy whose wife works, and who has three single daughters, in their twenties and working full time.

But let me try this another way. Assume two different places of work. In each case a young woman is hired by the HR person, and starts her job. Two weeks in she is called into the office of the owner of the business. She's asked to stand up and twirl, to let him get a good look at her "assets." She is also told, in no uncertain terms, that her opportunities for advancement and and to make money hinge at least in part on her willingness to grant him sexual favors.

In the first place of work the woman was hired as an accountant for a local manufacturing company. In the second she was hired as a stripper at the Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas.

Are both examples of illegal, quid pro quo sexual harassment/discrimination. Sure. But pardon me if I can't get all worked up with sympathy for the second.

The Roger Ailes case is just a slight twist on Hugh Hefner hitting on his centerfolds. You think making these Fox women poster children for the ills of sexual harassment helps the cause??
                          1. You're extrapolating.
                          2. You're wrong.
                          3. Just because Paul is a mysoginist doesn't mean you have to be one.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think I get what Hovey is saying...he is basically implying that some of the Faux anchorwomen are using their looks to get their job and have their status on the network so if they are going to use it to get ahead they lose a bit of sympathy when they then whine about it later. He is being a bit extreme and hyperbolic but I cant say I disagree fundamentally...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

1. You're extrapolating.
                              2. You're wrong.
                              3. Just because Paul is a mysoginist doesn't mean you have to be one.
                              "Erring Extrapolating Misogynist" isn't a terrible idea for a business card.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I know many (including some women) feel this way, but in my opinion it is wrongheaded. Women can dress as sexually as they want and still retain the right to not being come on to at work. Especially in a business where your job is to appear in front of the camera, and part of what everybody is selling is your looks.

You being attracted to a woman is not a license to mess with them. We understand this in some way because we revile Islamic culture that makes women dress head to toe in a bag so they don't slyly get our masculine juices flowing. The argument about women losing sympathy in a harassment situation because they are wearing "slutty" clothes is just that kind of thinking with different boundaries.

Even if a woman came to work stark naked you wouldn't have the "right" to pinch her butt.

This is just something that older guys have to get over. The world's changed and that stuff has been thrown on the ash heap of history.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X