Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet XII: It's Cruel to be Kind!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This absolutely happens to me. I would like to think it would be different if I was responsible for the life of a small human.
    That's why I don't buy it. When you have kids they're all you think about.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Would things like this happen less often if there was better front seat car seat option for newborns?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Would things like this happen less often if there was better front seat car seat option for newborns?
        Absolutely yes. I'd be shocked if a single one of these happened in a front seat.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Absolutely yes. I'd be shocked if a single one of these happened in a front seat.
          It would make stranglings more common, though.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It would make stranglings more common, though.
            Sweet jeebus
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A red card for a crop dusting?
              http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...202705537.html
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                What the Fark?!?!

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised that between automakers and manufacturers of baby seats that they haven't figured out a way to make your car horn sound an alarm if you haven't unsnapped the kid from the seat. They can make the horn sound if I leave my keys in the car. Why can't they make it go off if I stop the car, open the door, and don't unsnap the buckle that holds the kid in?

By the way, if any of you clowns invent such a device and make millions off of it, I think common courtesy requires that you at least pass along a little spiff to moi.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I think common courtesy requires that you at least pass along a little spiff to moi.
                    I'll add your name to the patent. Be happy with that or I'll go all "Judge Smails" on you.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

There was an article in the Washington Post about this. Essentially, people go into auto pilot while driving and their brain essentially ignores the change in their daily routine. It's not a conscious action.

I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a52_story.html
                      This is a great piece of reporting and has haunted me for five years since I first read it. One of those things that could happen to anyone. That part about the baby pulling all his hair out though...
                      In fact this whole collection of Weingarten's is great reporting.
                      Last edited by geezer; 06-24-2016, 09:10 AM.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        To be honest, I'm surprised that between automakers and manufacturers of baby seats that they haven't figured out a way to make your car horn sound an alarm if you haven't unsnapped the kid from the seat. They can make the horn sound if I leave my keys in the car. Why can't they make it go off if I stop the car, open the door, and don't unsnap the buckle that holds the kid in?

By the way, if any of you clowns invent such a device and make millions off of it, I think common courtesy requires that you at least pass along a little spiff to moi.
                        If you read the Washington Post story I posted a few posts back, some NASA engineers invented just such an alarm after this happened to one of them.

It didn't sell because most people think they could never do this and because of liability concerns (if you have the alarm but it doesn't work, you could get sued).

Comment

If you read the Washington Post story I posted a few posts back, some NASA engineers invented just such an alarm after this happened to one of them.

It didn't sell because most people think they could never do this and because of liability concerns (if you have the alarm but it doesn't work, you could get sued).
                          Couldn't you build a modular rear seat that converts into a child seat, and then build it right into the seat belt, rather than using some portable car seat? After all, vehicles are already equipped to stow away rear seats, so why not create a little modularity? Or is the government going to whine they don't get their car seat inspection money, or the seat manufacturer's lobby to include an expiration date in order to get more profits?

Comment

I didn't see that story. Interesting. To me it seems like a simple solution. If it's important enough to beep whenever we leave our keys in the car, you'd think leaving a kid in the car would be equally important.

With respect to liability concerns, I would think the opposite. Seems to me a safe design of a car seat/car would almost require such a device. Oh well, there goes my get rich quick scheme.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Group from Texas travels to Alaska to protest gay pride parade.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

"Group of Bored, Unemployed Bigots Fly to Alaska to Yell at Cloud"

Comment

Working...
                                X