No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

One Congressman who voted against the override: Alaska's Don Young.

Young said in a statement he could not support the bill because of "the risk it poses to our national security and the safety of American military and intelligence personnel, diplomats and other Americans serving our country overseas."

"Many have made this vote about overriding the president, rather than an examination of policy," Young said. His concerns "outweighed the politics of delivering President Obama his first veto override," he said
    Don Young is sounding like the smart guy in the room. Don Young. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot is wrong with the rest?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Congress has the power of the purse, except when the executive end runs it. The person who thought of it should get a large cash award and an promotion into a safe job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...392_story.html

Briefly, the administration wants to use the Judgment Fund to pay the insurers.

BTW, if you've exceeded your count from the WaPo, try googling the subject such as PPACA and Judgement Fund. It should bypass the paywall.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mitch McConnell is blaming Obama for not "warning" them about the 9/11 lawsuit bill

"Everybody was aware of who the potential beneficiaries were but nobody really had focused on the downside in terms of our international relationships," McConnell said.

Too busy wanting to finally stick it to Obama to realize what you've done.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Mitch McConnell is blaming Obama for not "warning" them about the 9/11 lawsuit bill

"Everybody was aware of who the potential beneficiaries were but nobody really had focused on the downside in terms of our international relationships," McConnell said.

Too busy wanting to finally stick it to Obama to realize what you've done.
          That's literally why he vetoed it. McConnell is a farking farkstick.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            That's literally why he vetoed it. McConnell is a farking farkstick.
            Except every D except Harry, Bernie, and Tim voted to override the veto. If the GOP had a super majority then you could lay the blame strictly on their feet. Not this time.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Except every D except Harry, Bernie, and Tim voted to override the veto. If the GOP had a super majority then you could lay the blame strictly on their feet. Not this time.
              He's not blaming the Dems generally, he's blaming Obama specifically. And Obama specifically vetoed this bill because of its potential impact on international relations.

You are completely wrong.
              Last edited by unofan; 09-30-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                He's not blaming the Dems generally, he's blaming Obama specifically. And Obama specifically vetoed this bill because of its potential impact on international relations.

Yeah but Obama. And reasons. ===> And why Trump is one step from the Oval Office.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

This.

joe, this time you're dead wrong. This isn't even a matter of interpretation. As uno notes, McConnell is simply lying. Obama said he would veto the bill because of the very reasons McConnell is now claiming Obama should have warned them about. I am not sure I have ever seen such a clear example of political lying.

I predict McConnell will say he was "misquoted" (with the direct quote then being played right after) or that his remarks were "taken out of context." He's caught dead to rights.

Old politicians have't figured out they can't lie the way they used to because people will pwn them before they finish their sentence. A new form of political lying is needed. Hopefully scientists at Dow and Union Carbide are synthesizing compounds right now from Trump's flop sweat and the reconstituted DNA of Richard Nixon.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 09-30-2016, 08:24 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    What the **** planet do you live on?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      What the **** planet do you live on?
                      Trumpolus? Knuckledraggerzoid?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

If you're dissatisfied, vote them out. We haven't had an incumbent win in at least a decade in this district.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          If you're dissatisfied, vote them out. We haven't had an incumbent win in at least a decade in this district.
                          Really? Wow, that is amazing. Were there extenuating circumstances, like they vacated the seat to move up?
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

President Obama reduces the scope of the federal government, Ted Cruz cries bloody murder.

Comment

It's almost as if he doesn't have any principles and just exploits popular rhetoric.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Really? Wow, that is amazing. Were there extenuating circumstances, like they vacated the seat to move up?
                                Only one retirement (20-year career politician so I can't say any further back) at the first change, and one person had non-consecutive terms (he isn't trying again), but each time by election, and each time a party change.

Comment

Working...
                                X