No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Bull, no one would be safe in any urban area.
    LOL, because of The Element?

The deep, dark secret of Rugged Individualist America is that we're carrying you. Have fun with your local economy when federal ag subsidies stop coming.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-04-2016, 02:10 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      LOL, because of The Element?

The deep, dark secret of Rugged Individualist America is that we're carrying you. Have fun with your local economy when federal ag subsidies stop coming.
      yeah because you have a way to get money to all the folks, businesses, etc who are getting it from the feds. Your local govt could handle that?, bullcrap. The hospitals will shut down, the banks shut down, everyone everywhere is screwed if it lasts anytime. Whats the % of folks in your area getting paychecks from the Fed?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Alaska's *show of a 2016 Senate election gets better: Former Sen. Mark Begich considering Write-in campaign.

To recap, that would put us at 5 viable candidates in the election.

Lisa Murkowski: Incumbent and Republican nominee. Won last term with a write-in campaign but has eroded support due to moving right in last few years.

Joe Miller: Nutbar, Tea Party, former Republican nominee now running as a Libertarian.

Ray Metcalfe: Former Republican running as a Democrat. Has zero support from the State Party.

Margaret Stock: Independent candidate. Former Lt. Col. in Army Reserve. Worked as an immigration attorney in the Army. Been running for a year so has money raised.

Mark Begich: Former Democratic Senator who lost reelection two years ago.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

At least Harry's an honest liar..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ill-not-sorry/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

538 has Democratic chances of taking the Senate improving again. Perhaps the counter-counter-counter-counter reaction has begun...

Favorites (in order of likelihood) for 5 pick ups (need 4) and no drops:

WI 94%
            IL 81
            IN 79
            NH 56
            PA 56

Chalk would give us 51-49.

PA is starting to look like the most important state in the union.

Tell me again why Biden didn't run.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I think he's wondering the same thing. But he is one fainting spell on national TV from being the nominee.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I think he's wondering the same thing. But he is one fainting spell on national TV from being the nominee.
                He can't be the nominee at this point, at least not in a great many states. The deadline for getting your name on the ballot has passed in MN, which the MN GOP almost failed to do for Trump - and is still being contested in court now by the DFL (state's D party) because the MNGOP failed to secure some technicality with regards to delegates at the time of filing.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  He can't be the nominee at this point, at least not in a great many states. The deadline for getting your name on the ballot has passed in MN, which the MN GOP almost failed to do for Trump - and is still being contested in court now by the DFL (state's D party) because the MNGOP failed to secure some technicality with regards to delegates at the time of filing.
                  If a nominee is unable to run (death, incarceration, withdrawal) the party may sub anyone up to 11/8. That person goes on the ballot.

If the same thing happens after the election but before the electoral college meets, then a sub is announced and it is up to the EC to vote for that person or not.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

From Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau caught Wells Fargo in a massive, years-long scam. The CEO hasn’t resigned. He hasn’t fired one senior executive. Instead, Wells Fargo’s definition of “accountable” is to push blame on low-level employees who don’t have the money or PR firms to defend themselves. That’s gutless leadership.
                    God Bless her.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

WF's stock price is up today. It had been down prior to Warren's grandstanding, but Stumpf must've given one heck of a retort to all of her questions and accusations that impressed Wall Street more than it did Warren.

With that said, WF's Retail Banking chief announced back at the start of summer that she was retiring effective the end of September. Hmmm, that's some auspicious timing for her.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        WF's stock price is up today. It had been down prior to Warren's grandstanding, but Stumpf must've given one heck of a retort to all of her questions and accusations that impressed Wall Street more than it did Warren.

With that said, WF's Retail Banking chief announced back at the start of summer that she was retiring effective the end of September. Hmmm, that's some auspicious timing for her.
                        Have you seen the size of her retirement package? You could buy a few countries.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Awesome question. The race for Prez would be over, really over.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

You say "Wells Fargo" and "Warren" and I'm sorry, I think of Warren Buffett. His Berkshire Hathaway holds about 10% of Wells Fargo stock. Should Sen. Warren be firing that close to one of Mr. Obama's supporters?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              You say "Wells Fargo" and "Warren" and I'm sorry, I think of Warren Buffett. His Berkshire Hathaway holds about 10% of Wells Fargo stock. Should Sen. Warren be firing that close to one of Mr. Obama's supporters?
                              He's the single largest stockholder in a great many companies that people like to hate.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/bu...smtyp=cur&_r=0

F the World.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X