The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

This was the issue in the license plate case that came up a year or two ago before SCOTUS. The Court found that license plates were the government's speech, not the driver's, and the state could limit, our allow, pretty much whatever it deemed appropriate.
    Technically, yes, but they already allow the Confederate Flag in these cemeteries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cross_of_Honor

I'm sure this will be challenged in court and, while you're right about government speech, it is going to be challenged on what people are allowed to place on the graves themselves.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Wouldn't it just be easier to get rid of the whole vanity plate system? I could never understand why you would want to have that...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I could never understand why you would want to have that...
      The kind of people who get vanity plates, are often the same kind of people who plaster their car with bumperstickers. It all boils down to this:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The kind of people who get vanity plates, are often the same kind of people who plaster their car with bumperstickers. It all boils down to this:

In Alaska vanity plates are only like $40 so every third car has them.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          When I lived in NC they were no extra charge so everybody had one. I lived in between FLEX IT and ATI2UDE. That was 20 years ago and I still remember, so I guess they're effective.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            When I lived in NC they were no extra charge so everybody had one. I lived in between FLEX IT and ATI2UDE. That was 20 years ago and I still remember, so I guess they're effective.
            They are minimally more money here in NH. My husband and I have matching ones that are a play on our last name. Prior to that, I had bstnewe. They're fun (and ubiquitous up here).

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              The new ones with the bear in the middle have lead to some hilarious ones like Manbearpig.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Thought about them for the Miata, decided nah for now.

Think you're allowed 7 characters in CO - might go with THEANSR (the answer is always Miata.)
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Wouldn't it just be easier to get rid of the whole vanity plate system? I could never understand why you would want to have that...
                  Money maker for the state. They are really popular here. I have one that is a variation of "hiker" and our other car has the name of the unorganized township (twp ##) our camp is in..

Comment

I fully support the Senator from Vermont.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sa...rticle/2591968
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I fully support the Senator from Vermont.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sa...rticle/2591968
                      I sometimes wonder why they dumped Howard Dean - the guy discovered Internet fundraising. Can any card-carrying Dems explain this?

Comment

I can't see or hear the interview because my employer blocks the host site Soundcloud, but Bloomberg did an interview with MN's junior senator, Stuart Smalley, on a few topics of interest.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I sometimes wonder why they dumped Howard Dean - the guy discovered Internet fundraising. Can any card-carrying Dems explain this?
                          IINM Rover gave us a highly plausible explanation a few dozen posts ago.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I can't see or hear the interview because my employer blocks the host site Soundcloud, but Bloomberg did an interview with MN's junior senator, Stuart Smalley, on a few topics of interest.
                            Al Franken is seriously one of the best people who works on the Hill. He's really won me over. I'm hoping I remember to listen to this later, work blocks it here as well.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Al Franken is seriously one of the best people who works on the Hill. He's really won me over. I'm hoping I remember to listen to this later, work blocks it here as well.
                              He is supposedly one of the very few Members who is universally respected by his colleagues of both parties. His staffers would also run through a wall for him, which is equally rare.

Apparently he is just flat out a good guy who also got elected. So it does happen once or twice a century.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X