No announcement yet.

The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 114th Congress: Two More Years!

Hey I never run...unless someone is chasing me
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Hey I never run...unless someone is chasing me
      Even then, I don't run.
      I stop and kick the < bleep > out of something trying to make me run.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Even then, I don't run.
        I stop and kick the < bleep > out of something trying to make me run.
        You know the joke. You don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than your wife.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More epic fail of our government. Get the stupid Republicans out of the way, please. Thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...rin-brockovich
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            More epic fail of our government. Get the stupid Republicans out of the way, please. Thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...rin-brockovich
            Everything is poison.

Great article to inspire fear in 2/3 of the country.

Comment

May Heather Bresch burn in hell.

Here's the pricing explanation.
              When Bresch talked about drug prices and access existing “in a balance,” she was referring to what the pharmaceutical industry calls value-based pricing.

This is what you get when you price a drug not just commensurate with its research and development, production and marketing, but also reflecting the drug’s importance to patients. And that’s a very slippery concept.

What a pharmaceutical company is basically saying with value-based pricing is that a patient’s life would be a whole lot worse without their drug, so that should be worth something, right? Maybe a big something.
              Drug companies can all go **** themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...nap-story.html

Now I understand why Obamacare failed. Value based pricing. Like anyone can place a value on their health.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-23-2016, 12:18 PM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

From Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.

This is just wrong. If Wells Fargo Chairman and CEO John Stumpf can oversee a massive consumer fraud that helped put millions of dollars in his own pockets, and then walk away with a juicy $100 million retirement package, why should we expect any big bank CEO to follow the law? Mr. Stumpf will not be accountable for this scam – as he repeatedly claims to be – unless he resigns, returns every nickel of compensation he received while this fraud was taking place, and faces an investigation by the Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
                I hope she is able to fix this BS before she's done. Sick of these scumbags getting off.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I hope she is able to fix this BS before she's done. Sick of these scumbags getting off.
                  The only way that happens is a Democratic president and Congress. Even then, given the bribery, there's no guarantee we'd have enough honorable Members.

Without campaign finance control we have no voice in government. We might as well be a corporate board dominated by the majority shareholders.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The only way that happens is a Democratic president and Congress. Even then, given the bribery, there's no guarantee we'd have enough honorable Members.

Without campaign finance control we have no voice in government. We might as well be a corporate board dominated by the majority shareholders.
                    What if every board member had to invest big $$$ into the corporation? If they drive it into the ground, they're out the investment. If they steer it to great heights, then they get rewarded with an increased value of their investment.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      What if every board member had to invest big $$$ into the corporation? If they drive it into the ground, they're out the investment. If they steer it to great heights, then they get rewarded with an increased value of their investment.
                      Compensation with options was supposed to solve that problem, it only made it worse with the sociopaths lying to the employees to goose the price, then abandoning ship to leave the workers will no job and a worthless portfolio. Ah, the beauty of "market disruption."

Pay the managers with shares that come due in 10-15 years. Force them to think longterm. (Then tax them 90% on the backend.)
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Compensation with options was supposed to solve that problem, it only made it worse with the sociopaths lying to the employees to goose the price, then abandoning ship to leave the workers will no job and a worthless portfolio. Ah, the beauty of "market disruption."
                        Another thing that should be against the law.

Comment

Wells Fargo is now being sued by employees who were fired for not meeting sales quotas during the time these fraudulent accounts were being created. The plaintiffs state that the goals were unjustly set for those employees who refused to break the law in order to meet quotas. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out - or pays out.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Corporations want specific people as CEO, and will do anything possible to get that person. It's no different than paying someone millions to catch a handegg or hit a ball with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Corporations want specific people as CEO, and will do anything possible to get that person. It's no different than paying someone millions to catch a handegg or hit a ball with a stick.
                              I don't care who the ****ing CEO is. I just want the bastard in jail when he commits fraud. And that's what happened here.

Comment

I don't care who the ****ing CEO is. I just want the bastard in jail when he commits fraud. And that's what happened here.
                                Gotta rob the 1% for that to happen. Madoff learned the hard way.

Comment

Working...
                                X