Visiting Bahston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Bahston

I will be visiting Boston at the end of August. I will have one day by myself in the city, and I want to go fishing. Where is a good spot for an out of towner to go? I would prefer to fish in saltwater since I can't do that very well in Wisconsin, but I'm not terribly picky. My buddy I'm visiting isn't a fisherperson, and non of his friends are fisherpeople, so he has no clue. Are there any fishing piers that jut out into the ocean/bay? Do they cost anything? Can you buy bait by them? I've hit a brick wall, so I'm looking for inside help. Thanks in advance!
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: Visiting Bahston

It depends on what kind of fishing you're looking for. There are several head boats that ate within an hours drive of Boston. Those are a good option for someone with little or no saltwater experience. I looked into this last Summer and didn't find any information on fishing piers. They're not prevalent like what you would find down in Florida. New England fishing is more of a beach/jetty type of fishery. Because of that you'd need your own equipment. Do you have access to any saltwater gear?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      It depends on what kind of fishing you're looking for. There are several head boats that ate within an hours drive of Boston. Those are a good option for someone with little or no saltwater experience. I looked into this last Summer and didn't find any information on fishing piers. They're not prevalent like what you would find down in Florida. New England fishing is more of a beach/jetty type of fishery. Because of that you'd need your own equipment. Do you have access to any saltwater gear?
      I do, yes...I am packing some stuff of my father in law's. I have zero problem shore fishing or fishing from a jetty...I did that in Texas, and it was a ball!
      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

http://newenglandboating.com/fishing...on-harbor.html
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Just don't follow the smell of fish. Those are Southie girls.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X