X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    You don't win if you run a chitty campaign. Good candidates understand this.
    With all due respect, the campaign that ends up winning is the one with a good candidate. As I'm sure you realize, the winners get to write the history. A good example is Howard Dean. When he took over the DNC, you could hear Goopers snickering from DC to LA. Terrible choice. No experience in party building. Blah Blah Blah. After election night in 2006, their laughter was replaced by tears.

The point of running for President is to get elected. Period. Everything else is secondary. Whoever manages to do so by definition ran a good campaign and achieved what only....43? people (only counting Cleveland once) would have accomplished previously in the 225+ year history of the office. (actually may be less than that as Ford was never elected on a national ticket).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      So the goal of running for President is not to win? Huh...

Maybe you can enlighten me on this one.
      Better ≠ Good
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        Better ≠ Good
        How you do not equals sign?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Copy & Paste
          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
          Groucho Marx
          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
          Ron White
          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Compose key, =, /.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              With all due respect, the campaign that ends up winning is the one with a good candidate..
              kep has been saying otherwise for years..

gore > 43 for example.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

=,/,
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Compose key, =, /.
                  You wanna point out the Compose key to me on my keyboard?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Better ≠ Good
                    In the final analysis, a distinction without a difference. They don't give out style points in Presidential elections. The trick is to win more electoral votes.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Princeton beat AIU this year. Does that make them a "good" program?
                      Winning ≠ Good
                      Distinction & Difference
                      Groucho Marx
                      Ron White
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

Princeton beat AIU this year. Does that make them a "good" program?
                        Winning ≠ Good
                        Distinction & Difference
                        North Dakota won the national championship. Did they have a good season? Did they benefit from weak competition? Would they have beaten the undefeated Cornell team from 1970? WHO CARES. All people will remember is that they won. Same thing with a Presidential contest.

Comment

I acquiesce both to your ignorance and your obtuseness.
                          Groucho Marx
                          Ron White
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Flag is a Linux man? Never would've guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              It depends on how you defined it.

Of course, if you're not on Linux, aside from paying too much for your OS, you probably don't have one.

Comment

I acquiesce both to your ignorance and your obtuseness.
                                Apology accepted! However, you still haven't explained how the goal of running for President is something other than actually winning the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X