• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

Pot meet kettle..

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/politi...ump/index.html
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And one from Gospodin Kasparov

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...democracy.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

This is a bit odd and perhaps we're past the point of it being relevant, but I don't get why Sanders won't release his tax returns. I personally don't expect to find the dude is hiding money in the Cayman Islands, but what gives?

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016...-paid-speeches
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          This is a bit odd and perhaps we're past the point of it being relevant, but I don't get why Sanders won't release his tax returns. I personally don't expect to find the dude is hiding money in the Cayman Islands, but what gives?

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016...-paid-speeches
          I don't get it either but since you brought him up voting for Sanders today made me feel great.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I don't get it either but since you brought him up voting for Sanders today made me feel great.
            That's cool and I'm glad you got a chance. As I said before Sanders has every right to stay in this thing until Hillary secures a majority of pledged delegates which most likely won't happen until CA, etc on June 7th.

Oddly enough that will make the last 2 Dem primary races (non-incumbent) going all the way to the last states.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

This ought to be good reading tonight:

@dick_nixon: President Nixon's election commentary this evening is sponsored by the Frank L. Rizzo Memorial Scholarship Fund, Philadelphia, PA. - RZ
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                That's cool and I'm glad you got a chance. As I said before Sanders has every right to stay in this thing until Hillary secures a majority of pledged delegates which most likely won't happen until CA, etc on June 7th.

Oddly enough that will make the last 2 Dem primary races (non-incumbent) going all the way to the last states.
                Sadly, I will have moved out of CA before the primary - and after FL's, so I won't have the pleasure of voting against Rover.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  15 miles from Ithaca in upstate NY isn't too different from the South. It's not like talk radio is only big in red states. There are huge red swathes of blue states, too. Just as I'm sure there are solid blue college towns and cities in all red states.
                  Sadly, Madison WI has become one.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Sadly, I will have moved out of CA before the primary - and after FL's, so I won't have the pleasure of voting against Rover.
                    You can always vote for Trump in November!

Comment

A thought - tD is in trouble because of Trump U. HRC is in trouble because of the email fiasco (more on that here). It would be interesting if both candidates are indicted between the end of the conventions and election day.

-------------

Only one interesting race in MD today. Who wins the Democratic Senate primary? Rep. Chris Van Hollen (Montgomery Cty) vs. Rep. Donna Edwards (Prince Georges Cty). I hope it's CvH.
                      Last edited by joecct; 04-26-2016, 06:27 PM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The tiniest sized state is projected for the man with the tiny hands
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

@dick_nixon excoriates tD on foreign policy
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You know that's just some random dude on Twitter, and if anyone cared, we could follow him on there, right?
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              You know that's just some random dude on Twitter, and if anyone cared, we could follow him on there, right?
                              Aren't all links posted on here written by some random dude?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                I appreciate joe posting the dicknixon tweets. For one thing, I do not do your newfangled kid Twitter thing, since my belt onion interferes with the reception. For another, that guy's funnier than sh-t.

Don't be the thread police.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X