X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Whats that in the bread has gone to my head....

The Unity Party hereby nominates
    For President: John Kasich of Ohio
    For Vice President: Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

In a unique power sharing move, should the Unity Party win in 2016, Gov. Kasich and Sen. Warren agree to switch places for the 2020 election.

Down the ballot candiates are invited to join.

We now join your regularly scheduled program...
    You never want your VP to overshadow the top of the ticket!

I do wonder what the future holds for Kasich. If a Trump or Cruz loses, logic would dictate the party would turn its lonely eyes to him next time. Problem is he's already in his 60's I think (64 maybe?). It wouldn't be unprecedented for a 68 year old to win (Final 4 this year are 70-68-74 and 45? maybe as of today) but non-insane conservatives are going to have to make a BIG comeback between now and then.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'll give you this much. You reflect your candidate perfectly.
      As do you Kep. See, we CAN agree on something.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Is that a Eucharist thing or a hippie thing? I like it.

Gary Johnson and Warren, maybe. Not Kasich. He's only reasonable as compared with the turnip and the teabag.
        #1 - From "Always hoped that I'd be an Apostle" from JC Superstar

#2 - Find me somebody to love.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          #2 - Find me somebody to love.
          There's always the man himself.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's always the man himself.
            Looking at the video, Freddy could have played Frank N. Furter without much time in costume and makeup.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I do wonder what the future holds for Kasich. If a Trump or Cruz loses, logic would dictate the party would turn its lonely eyes to him next time.
              Paul Ryan is their guy in 2020 if Hillary feels particularly vulnerable, or 2024 otherwise. Rhetoric aside, anyone on the right looking at this with their head instead of their heart can see where this thing is heading. They'll get their clocks cleaned this year, then realize that going back to moderate and electable is a better long-term strategy than being the bat**** insane party.

That's why Ryan's big announcement came last week. He waited just long enough to get some positive buzz about potentially being the guy, but not long enough to be left with any of the stench of the upcoming Republican **** show.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Paul Ryan is their guy in 2020 if Hillary feels particularly vulnerable, or 2024 otherwise. Rhetoric aside, anyone on the right looking at this with their head instead of their heart can see where this thing is heading. They'll get their clocks cleaned this year, then realize that going back to moderate and electable is a better long-term strategy than being the bat**** insane party.

That's why Ryan's big announcement came last week. He waited just long enough to get some positive buzz about potentially being the guy, but not long enough to be left with any of the stench of the upcoming Republican **** show.
                Very good point. If Trump is the nominee and they get crushed, Cruz is going to want his turn. That'll set up a very interesting contest between Cruz and Ryan...

Comment

They have a problem, though. The TP wave means their lower bench are all numbnuts. They've lost a generation of moderates who either looked at the primaried moderates and said "f-ck politics," or looked at the party's descent into fascism and said, "I'm switching parties."

Sane Republicans are already thin on the ground, and even if what you say does happen, it will get worse before it gets better.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A double standard in DNC fundraising? I'm shocked! SHOCKED!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sa...rticle/2588857
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Very good point. If Trump is the nominee and they get crushed, Cruz is going to want his turn. That'll set up a very interesting contest between Cruz and Ryan...
                      Cruz's political career will be toast outside of Texas after this election.

Comment

As speaker, Ryan took a bit of a risk. He's got to ride out a wild election and few years to follow. Ask Boehner about risk.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Ryan took on a Kobayashi Maru test in assuming the role of Speaker.

Either hold back the Tea Party and get nothing done alienating the right wing of the party even further and hated by both the center and the right. Or you can let the tea party run wild and get savaged in the elections and know that you are doing damage to the nation.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Trump remembers when the towers fell, on Seven-11.

If I recall, that fateful day lead to Operation Slurpee Freedom.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

To be fair, Obama once said we had what? 57 states?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                to be fair, obama once said we had what? 57 states?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X