replied
    Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

Drumpf really is "bringing new voters into the process."

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Oh boy.

If Paul Ryan can’t support Donald Trump, the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party, he isn’t fit to be House speaker, Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said Friday.
    I guess Drumpf missed out on the whole honey/vinegar lesson.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Pat takes a victory lap.
    He has several things right. I am a bit curious how the Republicans make peace with the Bush era. In that regard, Trump has done the party a favor as they can finally move beyond thinking the Iraq War was a good idea. But, I have no idea what becomes of the country club corporate crowd. The suits HATE xenophobia or even social issue legislation aside from abortion restrictions. If that's going to be the norm, and I suspect it will going forward in the GOP, I don't see how that gets resolved.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    IIRC, he also said Sarah Palin "couldn't be hotter" a handful of years back.
    Sarah Palin is hot enough below the eyebrows, with a lot of storage space above.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    DC is "Hollywood for ugly people." Our bar is low.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Chris Mathews must be a switch hitter, tingle down the leg over Obama and apparently the runway walk of Trumps wife.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Pat takes a victory lap.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Dignity. It's not for dinner.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Thursday endorsed Donald Trump and left the door open to becoming the Republican vice presidential nominee.

"He is not a perfect man. But what I do believe is that he loves this country and he will surround himself with capable, experienced people and he will listen to them," Perry told CNN. "He wasn't my first choice, wasn't my second choice, but he is the people's choice."

Perry had harsh criticism for Trump early on in the presidential race while the Texas governor was still a presidential candidate. He blasted Trump's "toxic mix of demagoguery and nonsense" in July.

But on Thursday, Perry praised Trump and his presidential bid.

"He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen," Perry told CNN.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Chris Mathews must be a switch hitter, tingle down the leg over Obama and apparently the runway walk of Trumps wife.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Surely this will help.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I disagree. If there's one thing Minnesotans at large do well, it's to form a stupid angry mob. And if "The Donald"'s "brash" campaign has any precedent in American History, its initials are Jesse "The Body" Ventura. But having said that, he has no chance at any of these states.
    Minnesota went for Rubio(RUBIO!) in the primary. I'll be shocked if Trump bothers to step foot in this state before November(Oh darn).

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The jokes write themselves.
    tD shoulda hired a gal who worked the register at dag's?

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    DC and Minnesota will be the last two to flip. We do not like brash.
    I disagree. If there's one thing Minnesotans at large do well, it's to form a stupid angry mob. And if "The Donald"'s "brash" campaign has any precedent in American History, its initials are Jesse "The Body" Ventura. But having said that, he has no chance at any of these states.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

The campaign hasn't even started yet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKqKDLghI6s

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Ryan isn't supporting Trump for now. Now there are a couple of ways he could have said that...he could have said a) I will not support Trump at this point or 2) let's wait until we actually have a nominee.

Ryan has about as big of support as anyone in the party right now...and if he doesn't come out in favor of Trump, that could add a bit more angst to the GOP side in the election.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X