This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

I just don't get how Drumpf is gaining momentum.

Some primary voters are pure scum.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Wait, the plan is to cancel the election? Hahahahahaha. Good luck with that. The elections have been held without fail in November since 1788. Prior to that, presidential elections were in December.
      What if there is a massive terror attack day before?

Like perhaps 2 tall bldgs in a major city topple and a gov structure in DC?

Maybe stuff gets delayed..... Just for a bit for security reasons.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        The Attack of the Zombie Arkansas Bimbos?

That's been done. Need something new. Biological or nuclear would do it. Or lets try assassination of the SCOTUS.

I still think elections for national office should be on July 4 and the festivities take place in September.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mookie was obviously alluding to another inside job where the govment would then control status quo
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

As Kep stated, there's no point in going through the trouble of screwing Trump to end up with Cruz. You'd have to bone them both, and in doing so you just told 15M of the most loyal party voters that their opinions are worthless, but don't take it too hard because we need you in November! Since Goopers only draw about 60M votes in Presidential contests (2004, 2008, 2012), that's a whopping 25% of your base that you've PO'd. That just ain't gonna fly.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Also, as I suspected Latino voter registration is surging:

http://thehill.com/latino/277824-his...al-map-for-gop

Methinks they're not signing up to vote Trump in November!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Cruz has the second most votes for the GOP.

When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a ***** in my life.”
                http://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/04...ime-in-office/
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The only thing that truly frightens me about the forthcoming Hillary "presidency" is the prospect of hearing that voice for years to come. It's almost exactly like the sound of a long rusty steel nail being slowly and relentlessly pulled by a heavy crowbar from the living femur of an adolescent Benedictine monk who has very enthusiastically jettisoned his vows of silence.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    As Kep stated, there's no point in going through the trouble of screwing Trump to end up with Cruz. You'd have to bone them both, and in doing so you just told 15M of the most loyal party voters that their opinions are worthless, but don't take it too hard because we need you in November! Since Goopers only draw about 60M votes in Presidential contests (2004, 2008, 2012), that's a whopping 25% of your base that you've PO'd. That just ain't gonna fly.
                    Are you saying then that they will just let it be and hope for the best?

It isn't as if they have a sure fire winner being blocked by those two.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Hate to say it, but compared to Fiorina, Trump is a genius in the boardroom. This is an enormous mistake for Cruz. Even if the RNC can still manage to somehow pull off the Cleveland Screwjob and get him the nomination, he may have just Palined away his slim chances at the White House.
                      Trump's Cleveland Steamer?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

We had an election during a civil war.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          The only thing that truly frightens me about the forthcoming Hillary "presidency" is the prospect of hearing that voice for years to come. It's almost exactly like the sound of a long rusty steel nail being slowly and relentlessly pulled by a heavy crowbar from the living femur of an adolescent Benedictine monk who has very enthusiastically jettisoned his vows of silence.
                          She's the most likely now. But never underestimate her and her parties ability to screw things up.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Are you saying then that they will just let it be and hope for the best?

It isn't as if they have a sure fire winner being blocked by those two.
                            YES! Only thing to do is back Trump at this point and let it ride. It would be unprecedented in the modern political era to screw a candidate over who's as close to clinching a majority of delegates as he is. And not going with the person who finished 2nd. Maybe the Dems in '68? That was also an extraordinary circumstance since one of the leading candidates was killed shortly before the convention.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              We had an election during a civil war.
                              And we have a sitting president who recognizes how important that continuity is.

Probability of events in the US before 2050:

Woman president: 95%
                              Cubs in the World Series: 67%
                              Terrorist attack using nukes: 50%
                              Default: 5%
                              Postponement of a general election: 1%
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's a pretty high probability for the Cubs there...
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X