X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    "Look, the average Democrat voter is just plain stupid. They're easy to manipulate. That's the easy part." HRC 2005
    Well, someone's stupid, all right...

The first give away that the quote is made up by your standard conservative troll is the pejorative use of Democrat rather than Democratic.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Re: Campaign 2016 Part XI: the Two Party Problem

"Look, the average Democrat voter is just plain stupid. They're easy to manipulate. That's the easy part." HRC 2005

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

The ULTIMATE tD video. Thanks to Glen Ordway

https://youtu.be/W7I92r9GqUw

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's a plan, anyway.
    That's good though. Everyone who's got down in the mud with Trump has seen their support tank. Jeb!!!!, L'il Marco, and even Cruz at the end. She can't play the game on his terms, and come out of it unscathed.

Still, she does need to fight back against Trump. But has to do it with mockery and belittling. Paint him as the unsuccessful joke that he is. The clown. Cause nothing gets under Trump's skin more than being put down and disrespected, to not be seen as the great man he thinks he is. Look how he over-reacted when(was it L'il Marco?) pointed out that all those Trump businesses were no more. Trump steaks, Trump water, whatever else. He went outy and bought a bunch of steaks and water and slapped a Trump label on it and said \, "See, we still make this stuff". Has to be seen as the smart businessman at all times.

But she has to be smart about it, not engage in *** for tat. Maybe something better left for her surrogates to do.
    Last edited by rufus; 05-10-2016, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Hey I'm cool with letting the results determine the bragging rights! I'll try not to be too insufferable. Curious if you'd care to stake your vintage "video" collection on Trump winning the election....
    mookie is not willing to wage anything on the american voting public

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And it was that methodology that showed Romney had a chance 4 years ago despite the fact that people like Nate Silver had it nailed 2 months before the election. Pollsters pretending they know what participation is going to be may have worked 40 years ago when it was easier to predict but with the demographic changes along with socio-economic shifts they might as well be throwing darts at a wall. They have no clue who is going to vote or what the make up of the voters is going to be.
    No, this isn't right. In 2012, the "unskew the vote" people chose 2010 as their baseline, while legitimate pollsters chose 2008, but both were choosing baselines because it makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense not to. If you aren't going to make turnout predictions you can't make election predictions. In fact, predicting turnout is probably the most important aspect of polling. After all, anybody can just count. The art and science of prediction is figuring out what a representative sample should look like. 538 rocked 2012 because they chose a sophisticated and accurate model and Unskew blew it because they picked a stupid and inaccurate model, but they both had to model turnout.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

they gotta get out though. did they vote for W?

please don't assume since they did get out and vote for BHO they now all of a sudden gonna do likewise going forward.
    we know what happens when rover assumes.....
    Hey I'm cool with letting the results determine the bragging rights! I'll try not to be too insufferable. Curious if you'd care to stake your vintage "video" collection on Trump winning the election....

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Not sure it was necessarily blacks that let him down in the mid-terms, but I was more talking about Presidential years. Same old trite analysis (oh, minorities won't vote this year. They're too lazy, stupid, disinterested, etc). Yet every 4 years they make up an additional 2% of the total. mookie is starting to sound like Romney's campaign manager!
    they gotta get out though. did they vote for W?

please don't assume since they did get out and vote for BHO they now all of a sudden gonna do likewise going forward.
    we know what happens when rover assumes.....

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

huh?

he didn't "get out there" in mid terms the past 6 years? how'd that work.

peeps vote FOR a guy. not for a guy he says to vote for (er girl).

besides, before they put down that malt liquor and chicken wings they ain't getting nowhere (mookie loves bulworth, sorry )
    Not sure it was necessarily blacks that let him down in the mid-terms, but I was more talking about Presidential years. Same old trite analysis (oh, minorities won't vote this year. They're too lazy, stupid, disinterested, etc). Yet every 4 years they make up an additional 2% of the total. mookie is starting to sound like Romney's campaign manager!

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    A term used for people associated with The Free Republic. It's likely a derogatory term, because Kep likes to use it, but I'm not certain about that.
    I was confused why commenters of the Detroit Free Press were always being mentioned here. Sure, not the most intelligent group, but it was a very specialized insult.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I don't necessarily think black turnout will go down for two reasons. 1) Obama himself will be campaigning hard to turn them out, and 2) for blacks following Obama with a Dem pretty much cements his legacy.
    huh?

he didn't "get out there" in mid terms the past 6 years? how'd that work.

peeps vote FOR a guy. not for a guy he says to vote for (er girl).

besides, before they put down that malt liquor and chicken wings they ain't getting nowhere (mookie loves bulworth, sorry )

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    A term used for people associated with The Free Republic. It's likely a derogatory term, because Kep likes to use it, but I'm not certain about that.
    They use it themselves. I mean, yeah, it's derogatory, but only because of what they are. Like "Men's Rights Activist" or "Bostonian."

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

The top line shows Clinton +3.0, mook. I'm worried about you.
    exactly.

it is rolling the average of those last 4 polls. a few of course had their time back in march.

now i'm worried about YOU kep

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What the hell is a freeper?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Huh. Freep purged everybody who wouldn't bow down to Drumpf.

Man, that's gotta hurt -- talk about having to eat a sh-t sandwhich and smile.
    What the hell is a freeper?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X