Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    No me. Dr. Mrs. I just caddie.
    Does she ever ask you which lightening bolt to use or how the fire will spread?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Strong prior, little evidence: reject crazy hypothesis.
      Atheism in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Does she ever ask you which lightening bolt to use or how the fire will spread?
        Sure. I read the greens and keep the card.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hmmm
          The honesty of people depends in large part on their judgment of whether or not they will be caught stealing.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Hmmm
            I'm with you -- that was exactly the opposite of what honesty is. "Character is what you are in the dark."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Must spread rep
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I wouldn't call atheism crazy. Negative and of little value add but not crazy.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  I see what you did there (is intentionally obtuse).
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I see what you did there (is intentionally obtuse).
                    With you atheists being such negative downers...we could definitely use a bit of levity in the thread.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Religious faith is of little value add to me and the words that come out of the mouths of the faithful are often quite negative. So, it cuts both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Religious faith is of little value add to me and the words that come out of the mouths of the faithful are often quite negative. So, it cuts both ways.
                        I'm not an atheist...'me' is much less important. The golden rule means JC-centered Christians are thinking of others. And religion provides too much positive charity to society to have it cut both ways.

Edit: Making the assumption you care about societal charity. This may not be the case.
                        Last edited by 5mn_Major; 05-19-2016, 05:09 PM.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm not an atheist...'me' is much less important. The golden rule means JC-centered Christians are thinking of others. And religion provides too much positive charity to society to have it cut both ways.

Edit: Making the assumption you care about societal charity. This may not be the case.
                          The religion's followers bomb too many OK City federal gov't buildings and doctors clinics for it to not cut both ways.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The religion's followers bomb too many OK City federal gov't buildings and doctors clinics for it to not cut both ways.
                            Negativity from an atheist? How shocking.

Regardless, which of your examples would have been advocated by Jesus? On the other hand, where's the code of ethics for atheists Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Mussolini, Kim Jon Il and Hitler - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...f_Adolf_Hitler 'hates Christianity'.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Negativity from an atheist? How shocking.

Regardless, which of your examples would have been advocated by Jesus? On the other hand, where's the code of ethics for atheists Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Mussolini, Kim Jon Il and Hitler - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...f_Adolf_Hitler 'hates Christianity'.
                              Is it possible to be both a committed follower of the christian philosophy and an atheist?

Comment

Well, no. :roll eyes: If you are an Athiest you are filled with SATAN!! (Said in the Church Lady's voice. I miss the Church Lady!)

Comment

Working...
                                X