Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Major earthquake in Haiti

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Forget Pat Robertson; forget Danny Glover; Now we know what REALLY caused the earthquake!
    Wow, you see stuff like that in the movies, but you never think it will come true.
    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

While you are all making fun of the conspricy theories, and others spouting off...

You can also support groups that are doing direct aid. This is the group that's working with my friends on the direct flights to Haiti http://www.missionchange.com/mc/

There's a link in the middle labled Hope for Haiti, and you can use PayPal to donate funds to them. I talked with one of the organizers, and I do trust my buddy- they both assure me that all of the money donated will go to relief.

They are gathering rice, beans, water, oil, etc- from the locals in Florida, and I'm sure extra money will go toward more stuff to send down. It's now time for survival, and rebuilding the basic infrustructure for water mainly. Then power and roads. Then housing reconstruction get get underway.

From what I hear, it's a lot worse than what we all think....

And while I know many of you will condemn the violence, ask yourself what you would do if you had nothing, for a week, and needed to feed and water your family.... I know I surely can't relate what so ever...

Comment

joking aside : I hope all Americans have given. heck you can text $5.00. we can all afford that!!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          joking aside : I hope all Americans have given. heck you can text $5.00. we can all afford that!!
          Except for the idiot who called me at the TV station I work at last night to b*tch about all the TV stations airing the Hope for Haiti telethon. His justification? "I sympathize with these people, but I don't have a wife, I have two kids in college, where's my money? Why aren't people sending me money, helping me out?" Sorry, I didn't know I had the power to do something about it...

Lets see... 80% of Haitians live in poverty, over 50% live on less than a dollar a day, and these stats are from before the earthquake. Add in 100,000+ dead, cities literally in rubble... and this guy has the nerve to complain because he's gotta pay for his kids' college while these Haitians are getting all this free money? Yeah, those Haitians are really making out good on this one... Can't wait to see what natural disaster they scheme up next time for more free money.
          Michigan Hockey Net
          Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

What you should have said:

I sympathize with you sir and that is why I'm willing to pay for your one-way plane ticket to Haiti. Since your life is so hard because you aren't receiving handouts like all the Haitians are, it should be a paradise for you to live there. Have fun!
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

kentucky hoops raises $1 mil for haiti

would have been 2 mil if ashley judd posters were involved.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

That post is pointless without pictures.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hockey For Haiti

Pretty snazzy logo they came up with for those jerseys.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Our contacts got back to us and sadly they aren't letting anyone non-military/ involved in to haiti right now. I heard they even closed off some airports. I was hoping that our group would go there in march, but its not looking so good now.

And while I know many of you will condemn the violence, ask yourself what you would do if you had nothing, for a week, and needed to feed and water your family.... I know I surely can't relate what so ever...

Its a life that none of us can even begin to imagine. I knock on america as much as the next guy, but we have it pretty **** good here.
                    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Wyclef for President!
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        I'm afraid of the geopolitical realignment if they enter into an alliance with Stankonia.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6WiI-ON5pY&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6WiI-ON5pY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Much like his bandmate Pras, I'm not optimistic that Wyclef has the chops for the job. When I saw Wolf Blitzer interviewing him as he announced for President, he didn't give off the vibe that he was ready to lead a Grammy ceremony let alone a country.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wyclef's bid rejected by Haitian election board
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Reject the only guy that can unite the nation towards a common goal.

Makes complete sense.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X